• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
EPA fuel economy is out for the new engine and transmission.

Here's a comparison of the new Tundra with the 3.4TT V6 vs the old Tundra with the 5.7 and 4.6 V8's:

View attachment 151692

But, will it go a million miles?
Also what will the real world MPG figures be. Turbo motors can look good on paper but if you have even a slightly heavy right foot those numbers usually go out the window. The 3.5l Ecoboost is a prime example of this. It can get better mileage than a v8 but in real world use, under load it doesn't.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This would be great. Too bad it would be a 6 figure vehicle.
I doubt it will cost anywhere near that for a stretched Sequoia.

For the first time, the new Tundra has an option for a 6.5 foot bed, so they have the platform ready to go. Keeping everything the same forward of the third row and adding another foot to the cargo capacity will be super easy:

1639844982393.png

Playing with the Tundra configurator, the 6.5 foot bed only costs about $1000 more than the short bed. I bet the pricing will be fairly competitive with the Tahoe/Suburban.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I doubt it will cost anywhere near that for a stretched Sequoia.

For the first time, the new Tundra has an option for a 6.5 foot bed, so they have the platform ready to go. Keeping everything the same forward of the third row and adding another foot to the cargo capacity will be super easy:

View attachment 151743

Playing with the Tundra configurator, the 6.5 foot bed only costs about $1000 more than the short bed. I bet the pricing will be fairly competitive with the Tahoe/Suburban.
Maybe out by you.

A quick check of new Suburbans within 50 miles of me range from $76k to 97k.
New Wagoneers $85k to 109k.
They only seem to stock the more loaded models around here.

Also. My last 3 Suburbans were CPO's that were 2 years old and close to 50% of retail. Since Toyotas don't depreciate like that they are just too expensive around here.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A quick check of new Suburbans within 50 miles of me range from $76k to 97k.
And at an estimated 30% profit margin!

Toyota's new global body on frame platform is a money-printing machine. Here's hoping they put some of the cost savings from using the platform across so many vehicles to push forward on quality, durability, and reliability.

On the MPG, it will be interesting to see the numbers for the mild hybrid in a few months. That powertrain is a lot more interesting to me than the TT V6 alone.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Well, first surprises after a few days of use...
1)MPG (or KPL, I'd better say)..not nearly as fantastic as the marketing pitch (and the dealer) was saying..I hope it's only due to the fact that these are the first kilometers that I am driving it. But the first day it registered a 10L/100Km. It now says (after roughly 200 Km) 7.7 - 8.0 L/100Km, but it's all in the urban cycle...Maybe for you guys these are fantastic numbers, but for me, in Europe, these numbers are appallingly awful. Either I am really heavy footed, or I need to learn how to drive an Hybrid vehicle or...
2) Driving "urban" is all I can do for the moment, since it has arrived without winter tyres mounted, and Toyota confirms that , being hybrid, snow chains cannot be mounted. Ergo, driving in good weather only (hoping it won't snow here on the plains) no driving on the highways (for work) , no driving to the mountains...Christmas on the mountains appears to be a no go at the moment... It is ridicoulos. I have an AWD vehicle and cannot do anything but drive around the block...grrrrrrrrrr