• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who Grunts?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I should have made it a poll: 1. I grunt, 2. I don’t grunt, 3. I make other bodily sounds.

Good thing you didn't go with the poll. You've been around here long enough to know that it would have been flawed.

I make old people noises when I get off the lift, does that count?

Every since my much younger sisters heard me do something like that, and dubbed them "dad sounds" I have labored mightily to avoid them! :ogbiggrin:

"Alas! I was yet again late on pressuring the outside ski. And my transition to the new outside ski was clearly atrocious."

I'd be long since done with any turn before I could complete that sentence! :ogcool:

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
No grunts, but occasional fits of laughter have been known to occur when my timing is on point.

TS

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m glad that I’m not totally alone on this. I’ll also admit to a little singing when the skiing is extra good. At the rate I’m aging, in a few years I might be asking, does anyone else leak a little when the g-forces build? Cheers.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I’m glad that I’m not totally alone on this. I’ll also admit to a little singing when the skiing is extra good. At the rate I’m aging, in a few years I might be asking, does anyone else leak a little when the g-forces build? Cheers.

Wasn't that what ^posts #20+ were about?

TS

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
When the forces down below build I usually just relax and let it out. I then feel much better.
I was thinking more liquid state, rather than gaseous. My wife will tell you that I don’t need to be skiing to “step on a duck”.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Sometimes I whistle, occasionally I fart, but no grunting. :D

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
For the sake of completeness, I wish to make it clear that:
1. I grunt old man grunts putting my boots on
2. Ditto, getting on the chair
3. Ditto, getting off the chair
4. Ditto, many times when causing the skis to turn me
5. Ditto, taking off my boots
6. And it being the end of the day when this happens, ditto when getting into the car, and ditto getting out of the car after driving home.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Grunt, not so much but some kind of sound effect on every turn depending on my mood & snow conditions ogsmile
Often a sort whoosh sound!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For the sake of completeness, I wish to make it clear that:
1. I grunt old man grunts putting my boots on
2. Ditto, getting on the chair
3. Ditto, getting off the chair
4. Ditto, many times when causing the skis to turn me
5. Ditto, taking off my boots
6. And it being the end of the day when this happens, ditto when getting into the car, and ditto getting out of the car after driving home.
boot grunt!!! its just boot grunts, not because we are old

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Ah about that…3rd or 4th day on my brand new FIS SL ski I was so happy and so excited that when I went to pee in the woods I forgot that my gloves were dangling from my wrists and peed into one a wee bit… :roflmao:

But guess that doesn’t count…

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I know when I but the ground a few weeks back there was a mighty gruntoan. Grunt+groan. Basically any exertion seems to illicit some audible noise at this point.

scvaughn

Seeking altitude...
Skier
This guy grunts.

DED7E501-A018-419B-B42A-DAD57725DAF1.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online