• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I've lost track of which ski companies are in which company "families". I've searched, but not coming up with an accurate updated picture of how things currently are with the parent companies and their brands. Anyone have a reference source with the answers?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The majors...

Amer:
Atomic, Salomon, Armada, Dynamic, Volant

Newell:
Volkl, K2, Line, Marker, Dalbello

Rossignol Group:
Dynastar, Rossignol, Lange, Look

Tecnica Group:
Blizzard, Nordica, Tecnica

The rest are pretty much independents. There are brands that share production facilities or have their products built in other factories too.

Last edited:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The majors...

Amer:

Newell:
Volkl, K2, Line

Tecnica Group:
Blizzard, Nordica

The rest are pretty much independents. There are brands that share production facilities or have their products built in other factories too.

You forgot one (you haven’t had your morning coffee yet ogwink)

Rossi, Dynastar, Look and Lange + + group

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The majors...

Amer:

Is Black Crows under Amer or just made in the Atomic facilities?

The indie conglomerate: Jason Levinthal owns both JSkis and 4FRNT now.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Black Crows under Amer or just made in the Atomic facilities?

The indie conglomerate: Jason Levinthal owns both JSkis and 4FRNT now.
Good call with @J-Lev :thumb:

Amer just produces Black Crows skis.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Whatever happened with the proposed sale of Newell? I remember something to the effect that the company was looking to sell off assets and no one knew if that meant that Volkl would be auctioned off separately from K2, etc.

Something to do with private equity vs public company.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Surprised to see Volkl and K2 "under one roof" now, along with the inclusion of Dalbello. Now I understand why Reilly McGlashan is on Volkl skis AND Dalbello boots.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Whatever happened with the proposed sale of Newell? I remember something to the effect that the company was looking to sell off assets and no one knew if that meant that Volkl would be auctioned off separately from K2, etc.

Something to do with private equity vs public company.

I thought it was a done deal...sometime..umm...last year? I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression Newell sold off winter sports. (Including Marker, Dalbello, Volkl, K2, Ride Snowboards, LINE, Full Tilt, Tubbs snowshoes...probably a few more).

EDIT: After a quick Google search, it does appear that way. A private equity company called Kohlberg and Company.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
https://www.k2sports.com/highlights/kohlberg-company-acquires-k2-sports

Kohlberg & Company, a leading private equity firm specializing in middle-market investing, announced today that it has completed the previously-announced acquisition of the Winter Sports business of Newell Brands Inc., including Völkl, K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, Marker, Dalbello, Madshus, Line Skis, Full Tilt Boots, Atlas Snow-Shoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, Ride Snowboards, and Backcountry Access.

“Today marks another milestone in the history of two iconic groups known throughout the sporting goods industry: K2 and Marker Dalbello Völkl,” said Chris Anderson, Partner of Kohlberg. “Kohlberg & Company is excited to be investing in their future. Customers know K2 and Marker Dalbello Völkl as leaders in action sports innovation, and we look forward to building on that legacy. The strong brand reputation and the global teams who have developed, manufactured, sold and serviced these products are the primary reasons for our enthusiasm.”

Joe Lawler, Operating Partner of Kohlberg, has been named Chairman of the Board of K2-MDV Holdings, LP (the “Company”), a holding company that will own the K2 Sports and Marker Dalbello Völkl business units. Joe commented: “This lineup of revered consumer brands together with a world-class management team makes our investment an exciting one. The identities and product specifications of the brands will be retained, developed and celebrated in the future as we unlock each brand’s full potential and bring authentic lifestyle experiences to the global outdoor sports enthusiast community.”

Marker, Dalbello, Volkl = https://www.mdvsports.com/

The other companys that they invest in.

https://www.kohlberg.com/Investments/Default.aspx

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Isnt Black Crows part of Amer as well? ok, scratch that, just saw posts above... :doh:

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
Are there any public ski manufacturers?

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
Amer was bought out in 2019 by ANTA. They are a Chinese conglomerate.

aboutanta-03.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It will be interesting to see the direction of the new Dynamic direction now that they are not under the Amer umbrella and have new ownership.
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 10.24.01 PM.png

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
It will be interesting to see the direction of the new Dynamic direction now that they are not under the Amer umbrella and have new ownership.

Really tough time to relaunch a brand in a market where most of your target nostalgia boomers are likely going to be skiing less. If there's a deadpool I'll pick em.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Good time to all expand if as it will be lean and mean, survive the expansion in these times you’ll be light years ahead of the competition.

Lead, follow or die in place.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Yes, the key to running a small business is to stay alive during the really bad times, as so many of your competitors won't be able to. Than when things get better you're in great shape. I did that after the 2008 meltdown and am doing it again now.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January