• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who would you like to ski like?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another vote for Marcus Caston.

Or another for "me" but 40+ years ago (1981)!

Corbetts.jpg

Wool stretch pants, no helmet, skiing in sweaters, SX90E boots, what's not to love?!

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hard to find video footage, I think because for good freestyle skiers most of the camera time comes in the park. But in the below video at 1:25 is the style of skiing I'm talking about in my original post. Sorry that it's only a couple seconds.

I feel like 10 years ago most of the kids who were good in the park couldn't carve so well. But now I see the Snoqualmie park crew out after work night skiing, carving hard, forward and fakey, sliding in and out by buttering. It looks really hard and really cool. Maybe it's regional? Peter Line was a Snoqualmie pass local ...

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The dudes or ladies that just huck and land it with finesse off any crap we ski ski here. Like they don’t care.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I guess I think about it differently - I have plenty of role models in the ski world but they've all been listed already. What I would really like to do is be able to express myself on the mountain in a way that matches this song. Just floating through the trees, connecting the turns, drift for a second and drop down to a couple of quick flushes. Flow like water...

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tomba , Power and Athleticism ( I guess you could argue Athleticism ).
On a side note, does anyone know if he captured that beautiful ice skater ??

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
25 years ago, I'd have said Tom Day. Now I'd say Patrick Baetz or Candide Thovex.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Dunno... Mikaela, Sébastien Michel? Lorraine Huber?

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I agree with @Hankj I like the new park and free riders. They are ripping with such joyous movements, just a bunch of skiers having a blast and with great skills.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Also, any U16 Academy kid. All they have to do is get up and ski as fast as they can everyday, the whole future ahead of them.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Carve gates like Ligety, Bumps like Mikaël Kingsbury, Park like Marcus Kleveland, and off piste like Maxime Chabloz.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the thoughts RNZ. So if you're ever skiing CB I'll be sure to make some runs with you. BTW, Gwen and I skied NZ some years ago, 2 areas out of Wanaka and then Mt Hutt while visiting my brother who lived in Christchurch. Really enjoyed the skiing, the people we met and the country. Excellent place to visit winter or summer.

Sponsor

Staff online