• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who's going to Alta's closing day?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Last day is this Sunday, Apr 28, 2019.
I'm going to be there with my son and I think @P-Ute will also be there. I am thinking of bringing my little gas grill, hot dogs and/or sausages and other stuff for a tailgate lunch, but I need a few more people to make it worthwhile. Anybody else going to be at Alta on Sunday and want a free lunch with beverages?
Also, was thinking of doing this somewhere along the slopeside edge of the GMD parking lot if I get there early enough, but open to suggestions for a better/more convenient spot.
Thanks, Jim

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm sure my friend Jeff will be going, with many of the 'Bird regulars, many of whom staked out primo spots in the GMD parking lot for the après festivities. I happened to be up in the canyon last year but won't be able to make it this year. PM me if you want Jeff's number.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My son and I met @P-Ute at Alta today for closing day, 4/28/19. The temps were a little cooler than it has been and the snow was soft but still pretty fast all over the mtn. It was a good spring ski day.

Still so much snow in the Wasatch!
View from Sugarloaf towards Collins lift summit:
alta view towards collins summit.jpg
Last hour of the last day of the season at Alta
alta last hour.jpg

View from high traverse towards Collins base. alta high traverse.jpg
What can I say, for these folks the season is going up in smoke.
alta season up in smoke.jpg

Last run was down High Rustler. alta high rustler.jpg Final day tailgating with additional friends next to GMD.
alta closing day cookout.jpg

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thread revival... How are crowds on closing day? I'm thinking of going next week and expect a fun atmosphere. If it's long lift line though, I may ski next door or solitude that day.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The tromano family will be at alta this next weekend.

Sponsor

Staff online