• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who's got stress fractures? Everyone has stress fractures.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pre-pandemic I had stopped going barefoot due to Plantar Fasciitis and have good foot beds prescribed by my podiatrist in all of my shoes, so WFH did not present any unexpected problems. But my wife started having foot pain due to all the walking and hiking we did to maintain some level of fitness for ski season without our gym. We live in a very hilly area. She did not go barefoot since she was required in her office and did not WFH, so we assumed she was affected by the exercise. Since the pain presented similar to mine, I got her some of the same foot beds for her walking and hiking shoes, and the problem has gone way. Never would have thought of stress fractures.

James

Out There
Instructor
Indoor shoes to prevent.

Not that that's news - I'm pretty sure I remember a fitter ( @cem ?) telling us to stop traipsing around barefoot/in socks. For years.
Don’t see that anywhere in the paper. Just going on that you could make a case that indoor barefoot is fine and may be better as it gives a gradual increase in impact. Seems to be the sudden rise in impact levels causes the problems. But, that’s obviously very incomplete.

Is this why the barefoot running craze died out?

Other solutions- couch sitting is preferable to running. :eek:

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Metatarsal stress fractures are also seen frequently in new Army recruits. They go by the nickname "March Fracture".