• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why do Europeans prefer a slim cut for their apparel? Does it serve a function or is it just form?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
'
I like room, I'm hardly fat, and i've been around. We have a problem in America, but i've seen plenty of fat Germans, Frenchies, Italians, etc.

Yes we have HUGE people, but they usually aren't on ski hills either.

as for jerseys, people wear what they like, who cares.

only 1 of those guys is an NFL coach

and these guys are also NFL coaches.

View attachment 165036
View attachment 165037
View attachment 165038
Still very casual compared to suits and ties.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had to borrow an old Patagonia shell in size large and liked the tight fit with a bunch of layers underneath. Depending on the garment, for me, large can be way too small and xl could be a little too big,

I can’t understand tight pants. Whether at work or going for a hike, I want space in my pockets and room to breathe.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Folks on here droned on incessantly about their n+1 ski quivers. Why not n+1 jacket quivers? :ogcool:

Man o man, I have my area work HH shell, a Mammut shell for a concession school, a PSIA div ed staff NF shell, and my black Arctrxy shell. I've skied in my non-work Arctyrx shell exactly zero days this season. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Two entirely different sports. so hardly an apt comparison.
That's part of the point, to me. We look like what we look like partly because of the kinds of activities we reward.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Man o man, I have my area work HH shell, a Mamut shell for a concession school, a PSIA div ed staff NF shell, and my black Arctrxy shell. I've skied in my non-work Arctyrx shell exactly zero days this season. :roflmao:

1648775609144.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Top: Pro football coaches in the US. Bottom, pro football coaches in Europe:
View attachment 165027

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is true. BUT! There are some significant differences between real football-that'd be what you call soccer and the American football-the one that is basically rugby with some minor differences.
BTW why do you even call it football when it is mostly played with hands?

Anyway, point is, in the real football, there are no 250 lbs linebackers who could potentially develop into 400 lbs coaches.:ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin::ogbiggrin:
The glaring exception being actually the greatest footballer the world has ever known, who was a stocky dude when single-handedly won the World Cup in 1986 and then developed into something of a human cannonball. :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bah. Who’s claiming it’s just a Euro thing?

View attachment 165109

View attachment 165110
#Grungewasthedownfallofcivilization
Hey!
I grew up skiing in that stuff , plus lots of CB stuff which I think was more of an east coast thing. I smile when I see this stuff and despite being 60 with a 33” waist, I wouldn’t wear it now but I wish I had the nerve… . . Everything old becomes new again- unfortunately, not us humans though.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is true. BUT! There are some significant differences between real football-that'd be what you call soccer and the American football-the one that is basically rugby with some minor differences.
BTW why do you even call it football when it is mostly played with hands?
"If God wanted us to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us hands"- Ditka

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"If God wanted us to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us hands"- Ditka

Football man, please. As in foot----ball...See?

If God didn't want us to use our feet for...stuff, he'd have made us all mermaids.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
This thread makes me wonder what the size distribution is like (or might become) for the South Asian market.

Football man, please. As in foot----ball...See?

If God didn't want us to use our feet for...stuff, he'd have made us all mermaids.

Does a Disney Princess(TM) dress count as Euro or USAian?

Last edited:

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like room, I'm hardly fat, and i've been around. We have a problem in America, but i've seen plenty of fat Germans, Frenchies, Italians, etc.

Yes we have HUGE people, but they usually aren't on ski hills either.

as for jerseys, people wear what they like, who cares.

only 1 of those guys is an NFL coach

and these guys are also NFL coaches.

View attachment 165036
View attachment 165037
View attachment 165038

Nice! Who's the hottie in the last photo? Ryan Gosling lookalike with that expression.

Sponsor

Staff online