• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why do we ski?

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
Why do I ski? Where else do you get this?

1619733354145.png

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
That was my initial reason - but I might as well throw that out the window given the s**tshow its become. Now I keep going to justify spending all that money on ski gear piled up in the basement.
I tell ya when I ski, my main goal is to avoid the s**tshow. I avoid long lift lines at all costs, I try to pattern the lifts, normally certain lifes are busy certain times of day. The lifts I want to ski that are always packed, I hit those during lunch time. I skied winter park all season, and you can for sure pattern the lifts, I even did that there 40 years ago. And I only skied week days. And I love the passes with blackout dates, those are the days you want to avoid! :roflmao:

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
It's the best way humans can dance with gravity.

Also the freedom....so much freedom...the ability to point those tips and travel wherever and however you please.

And maybe because it's a bit dangerous. How many times in our daily lives can we say "if I make one minor screw up right now, I'm dead".

And the people. Skiers are crazy folks. I don't know any other sport where people drive 8+ hours every weekend to ski on conditions which are typically crap, and they do it...every...single...weekend. That's a shout-out to all the people in NJ, PA, and Long Island that go up to Vermont every weekend!

TS
Carl Kuck

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
" "The best skier on the mountain is the one having the most fun..."

Read that sentence backwards, Uncle-A

"The one having the most fun is the best skier on the mountain"

That skier is most likely you

Yep. I'm not going to argue semantics with Phil Edwards though... ogsmile ( Phil Edwards (surfer) - Wikipedia )

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January