• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why Look bindings?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Not metal, but it's serviceable:

Nice. I will try something of the sort, and I will try it with stainless mesh too.

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
Hi I don't mean to hijack but are the looks any easier or more difficult to click into then say an STH?

I'm looking for a binding on my new pow skis but haven't purchased a binding in at least 10 years.

since I'm hitting mid 50s, ease of use becomes a primary goal, particularly in soft snow

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi I don't mean to hijack but are the looks any easier or more difficult to click into then say an STH?

I'm looking for a binding on my new pow skis but haven't purchased a binding in at least 10 years.

since I'm hitting mid 50s, ease of use becomes a primary goal, particularly in soft snow
Where some of the pitfalls of the Pivot is getting in the ski in deep snow, snow can get between the boot and brake area making it tough to get into. The Sth2/Warden heel is one of the easier ones to get into along with the Attack2.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Where some of the pitfalls of the Pivot is getting in the ski in deep snow, snow can get between the boot and brake area making it tough to get into. The Sth2/Warden heel is one of the easier ones to get into along with the Attack2.
Obviously your not old enough to be angry enough to make getting in easy ogwink

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
This was my number one gripe about Pivots when I had a pair. Personally I prefer the STH or Attack for this exact reason. That said once you are in the Pivots they function well.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am sorry but no, no, no. The Look Pivot cannot release straight sideways. This rumour/misinformation has been passed out there on the internet and it has to stop.
What does it mean, release straight sideways?

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them.

yeah I routinely Use the old pole bang/binding scrape to remove snow (think old alpine boot soles) just seems then newer boot designs like to hand onto snow. Even if only small amounts. Also seems multi norm bindings are more prone to issues with even small amounts of snow stuck on em.

seems like as always preference is king. I don’t have any real issues with my wardens but wanted some input on looks tech.

people still pationate over bindings lol.
Yeah, clearing snow with the poles doesn't work.

Sponsor

Staff online