• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why You Should Attend Masterfit's Bootfitting Workshop

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pug:ABB Horizontal .png
Pugski.com has partnered with Masterfit University to give our members and followers access to their world-class bootfitting workshops. For less than $250 (with a 5% Pugski discount), you can learn the essentials of bootfitting in one day in Masterfit U's Associates course. You can also attend the two-day Associates Plus program, where you will learn even more. Here is your chance get your questions answered and learn how ski boots should fit.

For more details on the courses and our partnership, please see Pugski.Com Enters Working Partnership With America's Best Bootfitters/Masterfit University.

Who Will Benefit?
  • Joe or Jane Skier. For less than the cost of buying the wrong boots, you will be able to walk into an average shop and, chances are, have more knowledge than many of the people selling boots. This is like knowing dealer cost when you go to buy a car, but even better. In the Associates course, you will learn how to pick out a boot and how it should fit you, thus eliminating many of the pitfalls of buying the wrong boot. The two-day Associates Plus course is still less than the cost of a new pair of boots, plus you will build (and walk out with) your own pair of custom footbeds, a $150 value. Both courses will give you a foundation of information that will last throughout your skiing career.
  • Anyone thinking about working in a ski shop. Here is your chance to be more qualified than the next person. Having "Masterfit Associates Bootfitter" on your resume will put it at the top of the application pile; this small investment shows any shop manager that you are serious about working in the ski industry. Learning how to fit boots correctly and with confidence gives you the foundation for becoming a world-class bootfitter.
  • Ski instructors and coaches. You may benefit the most by attending these courses: you will be able to evaluate if an athlete is being limited by an alignment issue, to determine whether a student is being held back by boots that are too soft, too stiff, or simply don't fit right. Your students will be grateful, and who knows, a client might even cover the cost of the course with an appreciative tip. Check also with your PSIA-USSA region to see if these courses count toward your continuing education.
Skiers come to Pugski.com for information. There is no question that boots are the most important piece of gear if you want to progress in the sport. Masterfit's program will give you information that you will use for years -- forever, really. The Associates and Associates Plus courses are just a start; after graduating from these classes, you will be qualified to attend Masters courses and learn even more. I have been attending these continuing education classes for a decade, and every year I leave with more information in my tool chest.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I wish I could go to this by it's a thursday/friday I think and I just can't get up to Snow for those 2 days. I annoy my boot guy Nick Blaylock enough throughout the season I joke he'd see me at this and go oh no I can't get rid of her ha ha. I think it's great this is happening. I hope there's a huge turnout. How awesome of Pugski to partner with Masterfit. Thanks for making this happen.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wish I could go to this by it's a thursday/friday I think and I just can't get up to Snow for those 2 days. I annoy my boot guy Nick Blaylock enough throughout the season I joke he'd see me at this and go oh no I can't get rid of her ha ha. I think it's great this is happening. I hope there's a huge turnout. How awesome of Pugski to partner with Masterfit. Thanks for making this happen.
You can do one day. You need to ask yourself...can you afford NOT to go? ;) We will be glad to give you a note for work.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bucket list for sure. Probably can't swing it this season.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would LOVE to go but Mt Snow is just too far south. Any chance they plan to come further north w/ that 2 day session? For anyone going, I'd probably recommend studying a bit of basic foot anatomy online prior to the course so you at least know the landmarks and are familiar w/ the anatomical lingo ......... Have fun!

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would LOVE to go but Mt Snow is just too far south. Any chance they plan to come further north w/ that 2 day session? For anyone going, I'd probably recommend studying a bit of basic foot anatomy online prior to the course so you at least know the landmarks and are familiar w/ the anatomical lingo ......... Have fun!
No. Southern VT is where it has been for year, it is centrally located in New England. I know here in Reno, people fly in, It is that worth it. You are lucky to have it so close. As far as studying feet ahead of time? No need. You will not need that much background before attending either of the associates classes.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ you could also always fly to Seattle, visit family and take the training with me. It would be funner that way.

Assuming they actually determine the TBD date.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_2247.JPG

Sure there isn't one in Omaha/Lincoln on the roster? I would love to go and make my own footbed!

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe you could videotape and sell dvds?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ you could also always fly to Seattle, visit family and take the training with me. It would be funner that way.

Assuming they actually determine the TBD date.
It would be fun! I just don't see it in the cards financially, unless airfare goes WAY down at the right time.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone who has an Instructor badge should strongly consider attending one of these workshops. The wealth you will get that will help you and your students is immeasurable.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Anyone who has an Instructor badge should strongly consider attending one of these workshops. The wealth* you will get that will help you and your students is immesurable.

*Just remember, in the ski world the key to having wealth is to start with considerable wealth and hope to be left with regular wealth.

(I know Phil means "wealth of knowledge", but I couldn't resist the tasty bait).

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Just got an email reply from Masterfit. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll live.

MFU to Skip Seattle this Season

Thanks to those who planned to join us in Seattle for Masterfit University this year. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel this MFU location due to a scheduling conflict with a private training commitment. We welcome you to join us at either of our other two other Western locations in Denver, CO and Reno, NV. If you are located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia or Alberta and you’d like to attend the Denver or Reno MFU, Masterfit will extend a 20% discount on your tuition charges. If you are located in these states or provinces and want to register for Denver or Reno please CALL us at (914) 944-9038 to obtain a discount code before you register. Thanks for your continued support of Masterfit University.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just got an email reply from Masterfit. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll live.

MFU to Skip Seattle this Season

Thanks to those who planned to join us in Seattle for Masterfit University this year. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel this MFU location due to a scheduling conflict with a private training commitment. We welcome you to join us at either of our other two other Western locations in Denver, CO and Reno, NV. If you are located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia or Alberta and you’d like to attend the Denver or Reno MFU, Masterfit will extend a 20% discount on your tuition charges. If you are located in these states or provinces and want to register for Denver or Reno please CALL us at (914) 944-9038 to obtain a discount code before you register. Thanks for your continued support of Masterfit University.
If PUGSKI members who were planning on attending the Seattle workshop and want to cone to Reno, you are welcome to stay at Chez Ziggy at no charge.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Mt Snow Masterfit University is happening right now.
Do we have any attendees there?

Kitzbuhel is coming up October 5-6
Denver October 18-19
Reno - November 1-2

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bumping because a couple events are coming up.

Sponsor

Staff online