Why you should pull the trigger on the LEKI Trigger 3D poles

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Anyone here cares to compare the Venom 3D to the Carbon 14 3D in terms of swing weight and balance? I'd imagine that the heavier upper of the Venom gives it a nice swing weight, at the cost of visual flashiness (and, pressure to ski better with such a thing in hand)?

I have both. Never notice a difference.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I am not a fan of the LEKI strap, I do really like glove system, their quality and comfort is on par with anything I hace used from Hestra. Personally I am not a fan of Soul Poles, the swing weight of them is ridiculously high, the Grasssticks are better, much more like a traditional pole but I still perfer a carbon and right now I am using the 14S and that is really light.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
did you try our bamboo or soul poles. our's are quite stiff.
I have the original grass sticks bamboo. There is something about the way the poles flex and how the tips connect to the shaft that make them hard to manipulate tech binding heel pieces with. Alu poles with a tip that is connected to the shaft work better and more precise imo.

Reactions: Ron

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure I totally understand the "purchasing Grass Sticks and having them install the grips"
When I visited their booth at a ski show 2 or 3 years ago, I mentioned that I love my LEKI grips and the trigger system. The rep there said that if I chose to order a pair I could mail them my LEKI grips and they would mount them on my poles. I do have a second, new pair of LEKI world cup SL poles, so if I go this route I will still be honoring the site sponsor :ogbiggrin:

Reactions: Ron
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I’m curious about this. I have an extra pair of LEKI grips and am considering purchasing a pair of Grass Sticks having them install the grips. But I love the feel of the LEKI poles a lot: I worry that the bamboo poles will feel clunky by comparison. Maybe @Ron can comment.
That was kind of what I felt.
I like a light, nimble swing weight to my poles.
In fact, I'm not a fan of a powder basket on my poles except for the deepest of powder days when a powder basket really helps.