• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why You Should Pull the Trigger on the LEKI Trigger 3D Poles

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Why you should pull the trigger on the LEKI Trigger 3D poles. Please add to the discussion here.

LEKI-trigger-clickstarter-SkiTalk-Slideroption.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Been using Vario S Trigger for the last couple of seasons but converted them to "normal" poles with the LEKI strap sold aftermarket.
Could not get used to the grip of the pole being in my hand at all times.
With the strap however, the trigger technology is perfect-straps on the wrists, poles on/off in milliseconds.

I only wish LEKI offered better/wider straps for those of us who want "conventional" poles as the present ones are a bit meh...

Last edited:

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been using them for a number of seasons. I liked them so much that when I broke the poles, I took the grips off and put them on Grass Sticks poles. I had to whittle down the poles so the grips would fit. I really like the ability to get "strap" up and "unstrap" quickly and easily. I've not had any problems with premature release or not releasing when they should have. The only downside is that you can't hang them on your skis when going inside for lunch or a break. Just have to find a rack low enough and just lean them against the rack or skis. Another downside, not able to carry skis via Texas suitcase technique.

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Definitely interested in this thread since I just bought the Vario Peak 3d poles last week and they arrive Friday in the mail. Timing is perfect. Picked them up untried because they were going out of stock everywhere.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Definitely interested in this thread since I just bought the Vario Peak 3d poles last week and they arrive Friday in the mail. Timing is perfect. Picked them up untried because they were going out of stock everywhere.
These are packed with features!

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 4.09.11 PM.png

I really like my Micro Vario trekking poles. Obviously not Trigger grip but really nice and compact for travel, yet quick to put them into action.
A great paring with my Kulkea Micro Pack.
0BE3FEEA-F4F1-4A95-983A-533775ADB13C.JPG
C5B261E0-6490-47ED-BDDA-4E4D467177FA.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 147077
I have the straps that go over my gloves so I can use any glove with the poles.
As seen in the photo in the article I do as well, but I am also extremely impressed with the gloves. The quality and comfort is top tier.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The only downside is that you can't hang them on your skis when going inside for lunch or a break.
Actually that's a plus because they're less likely to be stolen.

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
These are packed with features!

I really like my Micro Vario trekking poles. Obviously not Trigger grip but really nice and compact for travel, yet quick to put them into action.
A great paring with my Kulkea Micro Pack.

Exactly why I went with them. The glove integration looks interesting I might hold off on that this season (so much new gear lately) but I do think I’ll be eying it for the offseason as I get a season worth of days with these poles.

The biggest attraction to me, besides injury reduction and quality of the poles, is the ability to unsnap quickly for lifts. Just a convenience thing that I think I will grow to love.

I love the LEKI Trigger grips but after breaking a LEKI carbon ski pole at PaT in the spring and then a Komperdell carbon hiking pole last week I'm off carbon. Back to alloy for me
One of the reasons I went with the vario. thinking the carbon/alloy mix might hold up better. On flip side well made carbon is very strong, anything enough to break it makes me think alloy will bend also.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It took me less than a minute to decide I want these after @Tricia and @Philpug showed them to me at Palisades last week. Incredibly efficient and intuitive.

The gloves looked like off-label Hestras to me

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I took the grips off and put them on Grass Sticks poles. I had to whittle down the poles so the grips would fit.
I like it.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I bought a pair of Swix poles two seasons ago and after around 100 days of skiing I have not lost a pole yet when I should not have and I've not used the straps at all. They have a little plastic thingy that balances the pole on your thumb, and they're not at all expensive. I'm a cheapskate so I doubt I'll change.

My buddy has the trigger poles and loves them, but he's well off and can afford such stuff.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the LEKI Trigger grips but after breaking a LEKI carbon ski pole at PaT in the spring and then a Komperdell carbon hiking pole last week I'm off carbon. Back to alloy for me

that's what you get for buying the cheap stuff.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My buddy has the trigger poles and loves them, but he's well off and can afford such stuff.
I tried one of the Swix poles you talked about a very long time ago. It aggravated my thumb which had previously been injured playing volleyball.

I don't know that this implication about "affordability" is accurate. There are several models in a variety of price points.
Not that I think I can sway you but don't want there to be an automatic assumption that they are all pricy.

Sponsor

Staff online