• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
20210622_103758.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
Inundated with grasshoppers here. :( They do tremendous damage to crops and pastures.
View attachment 136363
I can't resist...

Grasshopper?? You call that a grasshopper? Now, THIS is a grasshopper! (7", 175mm, perched on a car windshield in Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, Mexico)

161026 25056Mexican Locust 1.jpg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
And apparently the Eastern Cotton Tail LOOKS nice and fuzzy..but can harbour some pretty serious conditions. Where my coyotes at?!?!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
We have more damn rabbits this year... Anybody else notice this?
I’m nowhere near you either but Bunnies have invaded Tahoe in the past decade.
7F5D3C45-01B9-4DA2-9B95-1680994087C2.jpeg

We have always had plenty of coyotes but they don’t seem to dent the rabbit population. Cats on the other hand are almost nonexistent.

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
We have more damn rabbits this year... Anybody else notice this?
Yes! Constantly chasing them away. Looked out at my front yard last night and had three at one time. Went in the back and had two more.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Here in the Boston outer suburbs the rabbits are very cyclical. I does seem we've had more boom years in a row than normal, though.

I wonder if the coyote population is down... it's been a few years since I've heard them howling.

We had a deer run through our yard, close to us, while we were sitting on the deck. Usually just see them through the windows when we are inside, and usually closer to dusk.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
My brother Dusty holding a Western Screech Owlet, only a few hours out of the nest and still almost entirely dependent upon its very protective parents. The other three owlets escaped unscathed from one of the three nesting houses my brother built and installed on various trees on his property in Ashland, OR. This owlet had a slightly injured leg and was unable to get up off the ground into a tree for protection from predators, so Dusty rescued it and placed it high on a branch of a conifer. The parents and scattered offspring were continually communicating, especially at night/more discreetly during the day, with feeding a top priority and aggressive flying tactics employed when other airborne or ground based predators appeared on the scene. The neighborhood nomad cat, Nanchan, was the subject of numerous talons-extended, dive-bomb tactics by both of the parents and repeatedly driven away from the area.

817BA452-A870-44EA-9BF8-6466F8F0BEE6.jpeg

1C4BE116-4C86-4610-A01C-AA7CD3BC227E.jpeg

One of the parents vigilantly watching our every move from nearby.

CC5B4918-C30C-424C-838D-CEDB9B105AE3.jpeg

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Cowabunga, So towns in Nevada are sometimes visited by wild horses or donkeys but now wild cows ! !

Reno's Historic River Inn
Dana Miller (a facebook page)
1624498152927.png

Every day there is something new at the River Inn ! Today we had wild cows!!!

Note: The Reno's Historic River Inn, A former hot spring spa on 4th st at the Truckee River, reopened after 40 years now as a private residence.
May someday open to the public. It is only a mile or 2 from @Philpug and @Tricia in Pugski Headquarters !

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cowabunga, So towns in Nevada are sometimes visited by wild horses or donkeys but now wild cows ! !

Reno's Historic River Inn
Dana Miller (a facebook page)
View attachment 136451

Every day there is something new at the River Inn ! Today we had wild cows!!!

Note: The Reno's Historic River Inn, A former hot spring spa on 4th st at the Truckee River, reopened after 40 years now as a private residence.
May someday open to the public. It is only a mile or 2 from @Philpug and @Tricia in Pugski Headquarters !
Its interesting to see something being done there.

@Andy Mink weren't we just saying something about this place when we were driving by it?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid