• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not me! If you've never seen a black bear climb or down climb a tree, here's a video which demonstrates their abilities:
By the way, they can also run extremely fast when motivated to, including up steep hillsides with great agility.
That is impressive, how big of a bear was it? It doesn't look real big and the larger the bear better pick the strongest trees . Wouldn't the bigger bears be slower?

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you've never seen a black bear climb or down climb a tree, here's a video which demonstrates their abilities:
Who would win? Bear or professional log climber? :D
Now THAT would be a race to see!

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I cannot take credit for the two fox pictures I posted. They were found on one of my late life partner Gwen's cameras by a friend to whom I gave the camera. I'd forgotten about the camera and when I found it passed it along to a photographer friend. He gave me the pics on a thumb drive, they bring back good memories. The fox hunting photo was taken from the window over the kitchen sink, through a screen which accounts for the photo quality. The white at the bottom of the photo is the snow piled up about 6' deep outside the window, the window that had to be constantly shoveled out. It was/is a snowy place.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
A young Bald Eagle hanging out with Crows. A relitive took this near Sequim, WA.
225290599_10225186008068504_5011104069465494681_n.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This is surprising to me. I see crows dive bombing eagles around here frequently. I thought it was a blood feud or something.
Me too. Perhaps the innocents (ignorance) of youth? I have no explanation but they all look pretty chill with the situation.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Far back in this thread I shared the picture below. It is of a Southern Resident orca in J pod nicknamed "Cappuccino." He approached our sailboat in the boudary waters off the San Juan Islands in Washington and the Gulf Islands of B.C. and dove under the bow of the boat. We were drifting at the time because of the regulations against powering near or approaching orcas. He sought us out, probably to make sure we were not a threat while the rest of the pod stayed farther off. It was the thrill of a lifetime.

Today in the news it said that Cappuccino is now near death. He has lost weight and is miles behind his pod. He is 35 years old and the average lifetime of male orcas is 30 years, so it's sad but not unexpected.

I snapped this photo when he surfaced after passing under our bow.

IMG_1287.JPG

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Far back in this thread I shared the picture below. It is of a Southern Resident orca in J pod nicknamed "Cappuccino." He approached our sailboat in the boudary waters off the San Juan Islands in Washington and the Gulf Islands of B.C. and dove under the bow of the boat. We were drifting at the time because of the regulations against powering near or approaching orcas. He sought us out, probably to make sure we were not a threat while the rest of the pod stayed farther off. It was the thrill of a lifetime.

Today in the news it said that Cappuccino is now near death. He has lost weight and is miles behind his pod. He is 35 years old and the average lifetime of male orcas is 30 years, so it's sad but not unexpected.

I snapped this photo when he surfaced after passing under our bow.

View attachment 139148
Thank you for sharing that. "Like", is the wrong term for this. Being up close to the Orca is a great thrill. Gods speed Cappuccino.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The eagle and buck were on bikes rides on Lummi Island, Washington. The deer was on a bike ride today in Reno.
image-0a6adef3-243f-45f8-b201-87133ea5fea1.jpg
image-86586096-23a4-4b92-9335-62e5ea3848f0.jpg
image-8717b77b-e32b-4d74-84f0-e6406758e2e6.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid