• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
IMG20220618174542.jpg

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New here and am really enjoying the entire forum. I love wildlife photography as much as skiing. Mount Baker made a nice backdrop for K-20 (Spock) . Would I rather be skiing Baker or on the water filming orcas........tough choice!
EB6V1354.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
New here and am really enjoying the entire forum. I love wildlife photography as much as skiing. Mount Baker made a nice backdrop for K-20 (Spock) . Would I rather be skiing Baker or on the water filming orcas........tough choice!
View attachment 171691
I have never skied Mount Baker but my understanding is that the ski area's lifts and runs are beside the actual Mount Baker, so what you see in the photo above is not the ski area...I could stand to be corrected, though.

Dr.T

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have never skied Mount Baker but my understanding is that the ski area's lifts and runs are beside the actual Mount Baker, so what you see in the photo above is not the ski area...I could stand to be corrected, though.
Correct. The ski area is closer to Mt Shuksan than Mt Baker.......in between the two to the north.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
These photos are courtesy of my friend Peter Monson. He is an avid amateur photographer that lives in Evergreen. Most, if not all, of these images are in his back yard. He is recuperating from a tibial plateau injury from racing SG at the FIS Masters races in Vail this February.

twins.jpg

sleeping fawn.jpg

fawn 3.jpg

fawn 2.jpg

fawn.jpg

doe and 2 fawns feeding 2.jpg

doe and 2 fawns feeding.jpg

can't go over....jpg

elk.jpg

2 elk.jpg

3 elk.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
View attachment 171764
I’d never seen geese at the ocean before, but here they were, on the central California coast.
I don't think that you have looked very hard. Where I live in Victoria, B.C. on the very southern tip of Vancouver Island, the city has ocean on three sides and the Canada Geese are everywhere at and in the ocean. And of course they poop everywhere. High tide helps clean things up but not when they go further on shore.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think that you have looked very hard. Where I live in Victoria, B.C. on the very southern tip of Vancouver Island, the city has ocean on three sides and the Canada Geese are everywhere at and in the ocean. And of course they poop everywhere. High tide helps clean things up but not when they go further on shore.
Interesting. I do’t live on the coast, so it could be that I’ve never been at the ocean when the geese are passing through. My community has a goose problem also. I live near a small pond where they nest, and the city tries to keep all the eggs from hatching. The pond area can be a mess with the goose poop, but the goslings are fun to watch.