• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
From a couple of years ago.
img_1_1656772109117.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Taking a break from eating plant life in my back yard. Good looking animal, and lucky to have her here from time to time.

View attachment 172886
I have a few like that wondering through my back yard in the middle of the night. Unfortunately they do a job to my wife's rose bushes and a few of the landscaping bushes as well.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I have a few like that wondering through my back yard in the middle of the night. Unfortunately they do a job to my wife's rose bushes and a few of the landscaping bushes as well.
They eat my hostas. And my rhododendrons. And my hollies. And my lilies. And my ginger. And my bell flowers. And even my ferns.
Do I like them? No I do not like them.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The crows have decided it's time to harvest the cherries. i got one for myself which beats last year when I didn't manage to get anyl. Maybe the crows will leave some for the deer.

1657476839090.jpeg

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry for the blurry photo. Our mama hummingbird now has two kidlets. View attachment 172501
Everyone has moved out. I got the nest since it will no longer be used.
20220729_131116.jpg
20220729_131150.jpg

It's hard to believe 3 little beings can fit in such a tiny spot.

20220729_131348.jpg

My collection from the last five years, all from the same maple tree except one was in our apple.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I forget if I posted this already. I caught this kitty on a foggy morning in a meadow. He was a distance off and I thought it was a coyote. I took the photo, looked at the camera and blew it up. I was wrong about the coyote!
20220729_133821.jpg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I thought I had an issue with bunnies & squirrels eating my clover, now I’ve gotta worry about bears :doh:

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
A piebald fawn. Apparently very rare.
C065A22B-DF13-4BA2-B4DF-3715E5BBF6C7.jpeg

The whole encounter was strange and fascinating because we didn’t know what it was, exactly. It was dusk and hard to see what was in the road up ahead, it didn’t look or move quite like anything recognizable. It was in the middle of the road, brother/sister was on the left, and mom on the right. Sibling was very protective once piebald made it up and across the road. The little one has quite stunted legs and didn’t move like a normal deer. I had to google when arriving home, of course, and figure out what we had just seen.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A piebald fawn. Apparently very rare.
View attachment 174319

The whole encounter was strange and fascinating because we didn’t know what it was, exactly. It was dusk and hard to see what was in the road up ahead, it didn’t look or move quite like anything recognizable. It was in the middle of the road, brother/sister was on the left, and mom on the right. Sibling was very protective once piebald made it up and across the road. The little one has quite stunted legs and didn’t move like a normal deer. I had to google when arriving home, of course, and figure out what we had just seen.
Pretty cool! A couple of years ago I saw a full-grown deer (no antlers), with similar white patterning encompassing practically the entire posterior half of its body in the Wissahickon gorge (Fairmount Park) Philadelphia.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Well ... this was posted on NextDoor over the weekend:
View attachment 174499
That neighborhood is about 5 miles away.
This has become a regular thing & a huge issue around Lake Tahoe. Not healthy for humans or bears!

EDIT: & I just caught a bear trying to get into my neighbors garage, apparently he had been there earlier today & was able to grab some snacks.

Last edited:

Sponsor