• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
IMG20220903084535.jpg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I've done a little more googling and the face is dark which would suggest a male. A Yearling is in his second year and pretty well grown. They would only have vestigial antlers.

More to the point, I'm asking a friend with decades of experience big game hunting in Colorado for his opinion.
Did you really think this was a male? Or did you only think it was a moose, and referenced this moose as male without thinking? I'll trust your answer.

My beef is with the thoughtless use of "he" for all living beings. I wish people would stop themselves from doing this. I feel erased.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Did you really think this was a male? Or did you only think it was a moose, and referenced this moose as male without thinking? I'll trust your answer.

My beef is with the thoughtless use of "he" for all living beings. I wish people would stop themselves from doing this. I feel erased.
My first instinct was the moose was a male. His stature and size is what influenced my opinion. I'll defer to the opinion of my hunting friend. I'm more that happy to call a cow a cow. We have a particular cow around here that provides us with a fairly regular supply of calves. She wears a color and is affectionately referred to as 'number 2'.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This is a moose holder and the complete written instructions. Doug, mine has never been used and will gladly lend it to you if you promise to video the activity.

Good luck with this if you choose to take the assignment.

20220905_165754.jpg
20220905_165833.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
E5860E02-F738-4840-A791-8E236E700015.jpeg

Wild Turkeys at Killington on Saturday. Leaving the parking lot. That’s the trail back to Ramshead. There's at least 18 of them.

On Sunday woke up to some strange thumping noise. Turned out a turkey was pecking at the car outside parked on the grass. It was a big one with white head. Maybe it saw its reflection in the fender.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I had my head down watching where I was walking when my friend grabbed my arm and pushed me aside.

IMG_20220910_172935171_crop.jpg

Junior moose stepping out on to the road while Momma continues to eat.

IMG_20220910_172936676.jpg

IMG_20220910_173226047-1.jpg

Ms. moose moved on to greener trees. This is the aforementioned #2 moose. She has been in our neighborhood for at least 10 years. Often she has twins. Not so this year, apparently.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Is that an artificial rock? Can’t figure the layering.
Nope, real rock. We have a lot of basalt around this area, and a lot of bird droppings on that rock. As Doug said the water is down in the pond.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Koi are carp (Cyprinus rubrofuscus). That photo contains both Koi and Common Carp (C. carpio; darkly pigmented).

Sponsor

Staff online