• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
20221214_151758.jpg

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, but don’t you have those birds that will eat the rubber off your wiper blades :geek: !

View attachment 185915
Aaaah, the good old cheeky Kea

Thats just because all your deadly creatures live in the sea.
I think you mean Australia with their crocodiles, sea snakes, sharks, box jelly fish etc. Here in NZ we really only have sharks, but not very often

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Great shots of the Ibis!
Are they White Ibis?
Yes, I think they are. And the others are probably Great Egrets.
We've also seen Wood Storks, Great Blue Herons, Little Blue Herons, Cormorants, and Limpkins.
All hanging around the drainage ponds in the development where my brother-in-law lives.
And a fairly large alligator. I want to know how he got into the gated community. :huh:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's surprising to me that it surprised him.
I wonder if they know what's going to happen. Can you imagine your head suddenly weighing 25 or 30 pounds less? BOING! Head in the air! It must feel like taking a heavy backpack off.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Yes, I think they are. And the others are probably Great Egrets.
We've also seen Wood Storks, Great Blue Herons, Little Blue Herons, Cormorants, and Limpkins.
All hanging around the drainage ponds in the development where my brother-in-law lives.
And a fairly large alligator. I want to know how he got into the gated community. :huh:
...could be a she.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We've had a couple of GHOs hanging around lately. This one is about 200' away.
20221228_170354.jpg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last night I awoke at 2:30 to a weird sound. It sounded like someone was trying to break in the house. I grabbed something I have for that kind of occasion and slowly peered out my bedroom window. It was a huge bull elk four feet from my stunned face eating grass at the base of my house.

The area herd of about 300 had settled in on the hill behind my house. Couldn’t get my I-phone to snap when the bull was right next to me.

276D6E11-165C-499B-A291-E5D583761BBA.jpeg

Robertito

Getting on the lift
Skier
Rodney King would be happy— Diversey Harbor, Chicago, 2 days ago, with crumbled stale rice cakes, and wifey.

1678907946444.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online