• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Winter Ski Mask

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
We are still waiting to see how this plays out for the final requirements for masks on mountain. TBH, my buff stays on my neck while skiing and only comes up when I’m on the lift. We will have no problem meeting the requirements for cover, just don’t want to purchase the “wrong standard” before we go. I hate buying anything at the ski area, but they maybe what we do this year.

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
I wore the filtered Buff mask at.....Big Snow, last time I was there. It worked great. It actually was my favorite. It fit really well with no air leaks, and it breathed well enough so that the mask didn’t feel all soggy by the time my session was over.

The previous visit to Big Snow I wore a more regular style cloth mask, which was fine.

When I go back, I’ll wear the Buff mask again.

It's good to hear that you are satisfied with the filtered buff mask.
I have been quite reluctant to try it out mainly because of the bad reviews on REI.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I think the challenge that all the ski areas will face in enforcing these restrictions will be in actually identifying whether the mask a skier is using is compliant. For example, if they permit buffs, but only if 2 layers or more, how exactly are they going to identify skiers using a single layer buff?

I'm mentioning this because I think the way a mask looks to other people is going to end up being just as important as its actual effectiveness. If you choose a ski mask that looks like a normal ski mask then you may get more "attention" than you care to have.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am looking for an extra large mask, disposable surgical type mask or reusable with removable filter. I need one that will fit a prodigious proboscis. (asking for a friend. ogwink

I've googled and Amazoned, but can't find anyone that makes a surgical or KN95 that comes in an extra large size. Any ideas?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid