• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Wolf Creek report….

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I'm going back in tomorrow if you guys don't hear back from me send helicopters!!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
OMG

Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
You need 4x4 here I think. When I got back to truck, many cars stuck.
19BE9EBA-1E96-4417-9CB7-BFFC58015648.jpeg
Pic below my blank Nessain 4x4 on left blue Toyota had hard time getting out.
E6681245-BE6F-48CF-8A4F-B0EDC0C8BA24.jpeg

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I was looking at the GFS predictions and Woof Creek will get hammered again the next cycle. How was the snow quality / moisture content?

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used to go there 25 years ago; drove down from Fort Collins. The thing that stood out for me was there were more Texas plates in the parking lot than from Colorado. And the poor guys would show up with 2WD SUVs. I drove a Honda Civic, which was way, way easier to push out of snow banks.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
How was the snow quality / moisture content?
Heavier than I like. That first pic I posted I hit went off a ledge, into some deep powder, went forward and clicked out of my heels, nice face plant into the soft snow. I'm demoing some skis, need them to crank down those heels some more.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Heavier than I like. That first pic I posted I hit went off a ledge, into some deep powder, went forward and clicked out of my heels, nice face plant into the soft snow. I'm demoing some skis, need them to crank down those heels some more.
I often carry a screwdriver in my ski bag for exactly this reason. Of course sometimes you come out because you should.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
No need for 4WD. Snow tires.
Give me 4wd and snow tires. So much snow today, the locals were even talking about so much snow. The lady at the front desk this morning told be the pass was close, I decided to go always and it was open. Think I headed to Taos tomorrow.

The powder kicked my butt, had to quit early today let the legs rest.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Give me 4wd and snow tires. So much snow today, the locals were even talking about so much snow. The lady at the front desk this morning told be the pass was close, I decided to go always and it was open. Think I headed to Taos tomorrow.

The powder kicked my butt, had to quit early today let the legs rest.

Well, I am a local who used to teach five days a week. Compared to Baker, where are last ski house was, these last few days were nice flurries to punch up snowpack.

Might want to look at lessons if powder is physically exhausting you. There are a couple of PSIA examiners at WC that are excellent.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Might want to look at lessons if powder is physically exhausting you. There are a couple of PSIA examiners at WC that are excellent.
Day 3 my legs are always tatored. Should be good tomorrow. When you ski every day you don't have this issue.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a great trip. Did you get up to Alberta Peak? Knife Ridge? Stay on the Pagosa or South Fork side?

Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Sounds like a great trip. Did you get up to Alberta Peak? Knife Ridge? Stay on the Pagosa or South Fork side?
I did not do any hiking. I did do bonanza bowl, which is really an uphill traverse, don’t need to take your skis off. And I stayed off the double black diamond. I pretty much just skied all the lifts and just went straight down the hill under the lift going off into the trees. Yesterday I really liked the Raven lift. It was whiteout top of the other lifts, but not Raven, black at top then blue at the bottom, best fall line, no polling to lift. And top of Raven is “Ravens nest” to warm up, no crowds because they do not sell food there.

I stayed in South Fork, Wolf Creek Lodge. Pic from yesterday at the lodge my truck, sun poking thru was cool. Headed to Taos this morning, I went to bed like 7pm yesterday I was so tired.

0AD1545E-C048-4ECC-98BA-85AEEF88160F.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online