• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just a shout out to the contributors here. Your input and discourse was far superior to what has appeared on the Ski Racing website, which was limited to the AP news release and a nice article on the crowd by Edie Thys Morgan. Oh, and some comments by questionably informed readers along the lines of "they would have raced in my day" and "if it was a junior race they would have held it". I'm guessing they've not been on a FIS jury.

On a positive note a big thanks to the Killington race crew for trying to pull this off. I know how much work goes into this even in the best of circumstances.

Looking forward to SL tomorrow.

Picks:
Vlhova (best I've ever seen her ski, material and technique are in sync)
Duerr (carrying momentum from Levi, rock solid technique)
Slokar (coming on strong, she's going to be in the lead group soon)

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s a bummer races could not have been Sun, Monday.
Killington got a lot more snow than 15 miles south east at Okemo. Main lift shut down there roughly around 10 am due to wind. Snow that came in wet had dried out by morning.
Thinking Shiffrin won’t win 5 in a row.

Vhlova
Shiffrin
Holdener

Duerr (Again!)
Swenn-Larson

Tonight will be cold, roughly 15F, -9.5C. Tomorrow cold early, going up to low 20’s, -5.5C. Cloudy, winds 5-10mph, 8-16km/h.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Mikaela looked fast but again not her best onto the pitch, Petra with the clean course just looked & skied faster.
Nice run from Moltzan while many seemed to struggle. Lots of weak turn entries with chatter & forced finishes. Would’ve been interesting to hear some of the course reports as it seemed many of the 15-25 racers skied conservatively.
Some meaningful commentary from Ligety :)

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
AD02ABB9-548B-4DE0-AC84-E53758948BDC.jpeg

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Her first points in SL. Took her first WC points ever in Sölden where she finished 25.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
As an OTA tv person without cable, one of the few races on broadcast tv (NBC) I might watch. Much like that Killington not only received recent new snow but that it is lightly snowing this morning during the race. A real winter feel.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
O’boy… Not for the faint hearted. Great race. Good prep. Crowd seemed stoked.
Not sure Petra would have caught Mikaela even w/o the edge catch on the top. But she skied incredibly clean after that. But Mikaela did a very nice 2:nd run… Haven’t looked at the times for 2:nd yet.. but super. Very emotional.
ASL screwed up in 1:st and sort of repaired it to a #9. Hector … 6, her best SL. Everyone over here still wonder … WTF? And then Hanna (2002) 15th! Huge talent with the right mindset. Good in GS too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor