• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
For somebody with the chronic use back problems that slowed him down, then forced his retirement, Ted pandering to what NBC AND USST wants the fairy tale story to be disappoints me.

Her skiing was great. Wonder how they are “treating” her back. Glad she had a great day in VT. 100 wins? Hmm.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mikaela's interview is pretty interesting.
  • We're always pushing to get better.
  • I don't know if I can ski a slalom run faster than I have been. That's a high level.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My strategy worked! By picking Vlhova for the win I cursed her :P.
I am always most impressed when a racer can have the fastest 2nd run starting 29th or 30th. Truly an exceptional performance by both Shiffrin & Elfman!
Also great to see Holdener ski so well & good race for Moltzan too.
At least my podium picks all came through & happy to have them slightly out of order.
264F3307-D420-4E2C-B45E-FA38775A5894.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Didn’t realize we had the same picks! Nice to be wrong for first.
Nor did I.
I think this may be the first time that I have NOT picked Shiffrin for the win in SL when she was racing.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice win by Miki. Super glad for her, and clearly it meant alot.
That being said, should be a very interetsing season. As Petra looks very strong, and was actually creating a bigger gap to Shiffrin for the first sectors before her massive error. And then also looked like she was making ground on the last sectors too (just put herself too far back with that mistake). The actual splits don't capture that.

Will be great to watch them battle it out is this is a preview for the rest of the year.
Amazing for Holdner, nice podium finish for her.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On Vlholva's error, there was a huge gasp from the crowd then everyone buzzed when they realized what it meant. But what an amazing finish she had! I got very close to the interview section and her eyes told the story. Shiffrin seemed relieved but happy. When we left there was still a huge crowd I guess getting autographs.

The best part was sitting in the grandstands next to the Moltzan family and chatting with them. It was great to see their excitement during her two excellent runs. Part of her family were from the same hometown as my wife in Wisconsin! Small world.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Nice win by Miki. Super glad for her, and clearly it meant alot.
She looked way more nervous than she did at Levi or Solden, I was worried. Great win!

That being said, should be a very interetsing season. As Petra looks very strong, and was actually creating a bigger gap to Shiffrin for the first sectors before her massive error. And then also looked like she was making ground on the last sectors too (just put herself too far back with that mistake). The actual splits don't capture that.
Even without the mistake I don’t think she would have caught Shiffrin. It looked like she only picked up about a tenth after the goof.

Amazing for Holdner, nice podium finish for her.
Holdener looks to be skiing as strong or stronger than ever :)

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shiffrin did make an error on the top that would have high-sided most people off the course. She went through the next gate counter-rotated, with her upper body facing the wrong way. Amazing the balance the best racers have.

I thought Holdener looked especially good today.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
She looked way more nervous than she did at Levi or Solden, I was worried. Great win!

Even without the mistake I don’t think she would have caught Shiffrin. It looked like she only picked up about a tenth after the goof.

Holdener looks to be skiing as strong or stronger than ever :)
I'm huge for betting in the MS corner, but its also really exciting to watch the other athletes rising to the occasion and crating some buzz.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
This field is pretty deep, but it really falls off. A healthy MS, and the 2021-2022 Vlhova, both skiing well with maybe one small error a run, would win 98% of the time. They are that much faster, better tactically and more experienced. And they are confident competing. Then we have the handful who are at the door, and occasionally knocking on it.

Fun to watch that second run today!

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fun to watch that second run today!
There was a lot to create an exciting weekend of racing. Weather, the athlete's health, the athlete's skill, the first race on US soil in over a 1.5 years...Lots to get excited about for those of us in the US that love this kind of stuff.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
the first race on US soil in over a 1.5 years
It was nice to actually watch the race live but I probably wouldn’t have done that if I could have been skiing myself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.