• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
After 20 our top 5 will all have a chance in the second run & the next 5 certainly are in touch. Top 10 within a second. Looks like great weather & conditions & should be an exciting #2 with an international field & 3 dnf’s. Mike Day set did not seem tricky. French to set for #2.
2:45am here & I hope not to be awake for run #2 so I will check back later. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hanna A.E making her first second run on the WC!

I’ll be pouring a beer for the second run.

Last edited:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Shiffrin rocks to first! Then Gut-Behrami, followed by Vlhova in a distant third.

Maria Therese Tviberg was very impressive, Nina O'Brien shows great potential as does Valarie Grenier, Alex Tilley's second run on her Kastle's was a surprise. The Italians did not have their usual success....

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Shiffrin rocks to first! Then Gut-Behrami, followed by Vlhova in a distant third.

Maria Therese Tviberg was very impressive, Nina O'Brien shows great potential as does Valarie Grenier, Alex Tilley's second run on her Kastle's was a surprise. The Italians did not have their usual success....
I was disappointed in Brunner's second run, and Robinson's - I thought they had good chances to do better. Shiffrin and LGB were both amazing in the second run... great finish!

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anybody know who was doing the commentary on Peacock? It felt beyond basic to me, and I’m far from having any tech insights.

James

Out There
Instructor
Shiffrin and Gut-Behrami were at another level compared to everyone else in the field today.

What happened to Tviberg at the start of run 2? Or is that just showing how far back she was at start, and not a true interval?
Impressive finish from bib 32!
984F3FA0-C643-4F9E-8FF7-82DBE5797B76.jpeg

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
i think it was Ed Drake
I have always enjoyed the brits commentary. Some gems from this morning…
“Throwing the kitchen sink at this one, tidy things up, tidy up the transition, banana gate, the French coach set this pattern of turns”

2 out of 3 picks ain’t bad! Looked like Bassino got caught in the second light to shade transition onto the flats. Surprised none of us picked Vlhova for the podium.
48D91CB0-AF54-4018-B573-9AD2472B5193.jpeg

It was a real nail biter when Gut-Berhrami had the lead at the 2nd intermediate.
I thought Shiffrin‘s transition onto the steep in run 2 was impeccable but then she seemed to back off a little for the steepest. Same in the first run, I think there is more speed in the tank & she will need it if she is gonna keep up with LGB in Super-G.
Liensberger looks to be in shape & skiing nice GS.
Can’t wait to see how competitive SL will be this season with Liensberger, Vlhova & Shiffrin all gunning!
i’ve been picking Brunner to do something for years now but didn’t today because she is coming back from an injury. Great to see her lay down an awesome first run, too bad it didn’t carryover to the second.
I think Gisin will get better & find her form as the season develops.
Nice showing by the US & Primoz should be pleased with 3 Slovenians in the 2nd run. Hrovat was strong last season & is picking up where she left off. Slokar also skiing well.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well I picked the winner, but had Liensberger 2nd and Vhlova fourth. Missed LG-B entirely. Counted on Bassino to dnf, but not my 3rd pick Brignone.
Still, I had 3 of the top five, so I expect a proper prize from @dbostedo ogsmile.

Anyone see Tviberg coming on like that? Is this a flash in the pan or do I have to put her in my pieces of paper I throw off a ladder and pick up randomly for finish order?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I picked the winner, but had Liensberger 2nd and Vhlova fourth. Missed LG-B entirely. Counted on Bassino to dnf, but not my 3rd pick Brignone.
Still, I had 3 of the top five, so I expect a proper prize from @dbostedo ogsmile.

Anyone see Tviberg coming on like that? Is this a flash in the pan or do I have to put her in my pieces of paper I throw off a ladder and pick up randomly for finish order?
Also... you should join the predictor league!

James

Out There
Instructor
As to the announcer on Peacock- I generally like him. I think it’s horrible to only have one person commenting essentially for 3 hours. Maybe drag that octopus out for predictions, or something.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Yet again Atomic, Head, Rossi all represented on the Podium:

1635009748206.png

Head seemed to have a lot of folks doing well on this course. Also noted more Fischers this year, a few Volkl, Salomon and Nordicas, as well as a couple of Stocklis, one Kastle, but didn't see any Augments.

Status
Not open for further replies.