• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
CA152C1D-9186-45BC-9CEC-647FF363B9B5.jpeg

Comish

Putting on skis
Skier
I have been told that Alice's decision to change was made for her. Not sure her previous brand appreciated all her comments about the "difficulties with her setup". It was kinda cool to check out her Beijing skis. They are very sharp and a bit sharper than I can typically get Mini Comish's skis with a razortune.

Muleski mentions the U16 Nationals and a coach sending the skis out sharp so the kids are comfortable. My recent personal example from this spring at U14 Western Regionals at Mammoth tells me this makes a lot of sense. It had been warm the previous day, they were were getting the kids out early and loading lifts at 7:30am to beat the coming heat and that night it froze HARD before the SG. A coach commented that it was Women's WC solid. I have no idea, but it was definitely firm for those of us living out west (I did go to college in VT so have some perspective, but it's been a few decades :) Mini Comish, used to Far West snow, didn't appreciate that firm surface and let's just say didn't have his best result of the season :) So, getting kids on a setup they will have confidence in resonates with me after that experience.

After all the above debates about Mikaela's skis, the setup for Beijing, etc. Is it just coincidence or correlation that she is wishing her now ex-serviceman well? I have ZERO info on this other than watching her instagram, listening to Bode's interviews, and connecting dots.

Anyone know anything about the reported Tahoe WC race for next season?

Last edited:

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is sort of old news by now, but Salomon officially announced the signing of Alice Robinson a couple of days ago:

In addition to that, they've also added Camille Rast to their team:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online