• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN’S World Cup 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
You're picking training run winners now?!? :D
Oops, thought I was posting the start list for today’s tomorrow’s race. I have not watched the race yet but just saw that Johnson is not starting. Stitches in her knee from the other day.

EDIT: I am a day off. Actual race is tomorrow Saturday 15th. No start list yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: ted

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No Breezy in today's training either. Covid? I wonder if they will give her the same special treatment as they gave Krich in Wengen and let her brake the gate tomorrow morning? I think not.

EDiT: just saw @4ster :s post about Breezys knee.

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Breezy has been “going off” on a number if Instagram accounts, making it very, very clear how she feels about the Lack of a real training run for Kriechmayr, special treatment….and the reason for requiring a “legit” training run.

She is very strong willed and will speak exactly as she feels. Home schooled,
daughter of I think two college professors. Speaks her mind.

While she rests the knee and the stitches/swelling she can be vocal! I love it.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Back on track now. Interesting to see Vlhova on the start list, is she taking advantage of the points opportunity with Shiffrin skipp this one.
5235EF0C-2ACE-4E4E-9591-BDF7661FFEBA.jpeg

GOGGIA
LGB
TIPPLER

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Goggia
Suter
Puchner

Maybe see LGB back? Or Mitch? We shall see.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Impressive to see Shiffrin and Gut-Behrami win races right after or shortly after a Covid break.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Goggia DNF but appears okay…
DD93D202-24A7-4EE1-BA67-9889A81D0094.jpeg

Cool course, looked fun f held up well. Great for LGB & I think Shiffrin could’ve done well.

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I think her ski coming off helped, the B-net did exactly what it should, and while we talk in terms like “She is more fit than ever since working with RedBull.”

Another way to look at it? She is built like a cement block, or a “Brick S***house. One very, very tough lady. And probably pissed off not to have won that one.

GREAT venue, BTW.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well Goggia was moving before the crash. Likely would have been over s second up.
Big crash by Haeder too. They brought out the heli for her but she ended up skiing down I think.

The start is something else. Makes for a dramatic look. Very cool course winding through the mountain.
Ledecka did 120km/h in the start section, fastest at that bib.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Some wild stuff off Hot Air drop. Corrine Suter's recovery from this was one for the archives.

1642297177589.png

I was worried about her knees between the fall and fence, but she skied down.... glad she was OK. Not glad I picked her in the predictor!

Same, same.

Also said in a later interview that she was ok and will be in the SG depending on how everything feels after a night's sleep.

James

Out There
Instructor
Some wild stuff off Hot Air drop. Corrine Suter's recovery from this was one for the archives.

View attachment 155312

Same, same.

Also said in a later interview that she was ok and will be in the SG depending on how everything feels after a night's sleep.
Yeah that Suter maneuver was crazy. Good thing she was still pretty light there.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
8E9038BB-0D43-4F06-8EF0-8A2D18F57E7F.jpeg

LGB
BRIGNONE
GOGGIA

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
GREAT venue, BTW.

And how!

The start is fun and the whole course just pours down the mountain. It's a fun free ski if you're ever there - they leave the A-netting up because the snow is rock hard and most folks would end up having some crazy crashes if not for those nets. FWIW: the lift to the start doesn't run often for the public, though it's not an unreasonable hike.

Honestly, the whole Ski Amade complex (which includes Flachau as well) is a great place to ski, and they run excellent competitions.

Ivan

Out on the slopes
Skier

View attachment 155312

Same, same.

She must have spent too much time reading the thread on the use of the inside leg in carving :ogbiggrin: Amazing recovery though!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
And how!
The start is fun and the whole course just pours down the mountain. It's a fun free ski if you're ever there - they leave the A-netting up because the snow is rock hard and most folks would end up having some crazy crashes if not for those nets. FWIW: the lift to the start doesn't run often for the public, though it's not an unreasonable hike.
Honestly, the whole Ski Amade complex (which includes Flachau as well) is a great place to ski, and they run excellent competitions.
A bit off topic, but... :) For me personally, Zauchensee and Flachau are best parts for free skiing in whole Ski Amade. Everything else, except one run in Reiter Alm and one run in Schladming (which is closed when races are held so I really ski it, not slid it down, once in my life :D ) is just not right for me. Whole bunch of transport roads from one lift to the other, and very little proper skiing. Flachau on the other side is quite ok and relatively big, but always really crowded, and Zauchensee is for me by far best resort for lift assisted powder. I yet to find better one then Zauchensee. Being 1h drive (highway all the way, so even if there's 1m snow overnight it's no big deal to get to there) from my home is another plus :) For on piste skiing, Zauchensee is very very little resort, so you have enough of it in 2 hours, but for powder there's really lot of terrain... with few huge cliffs before end of the some runs, if you don't know where to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor