• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Begins next weekend...
E0E808F7-3451-4D6E-B058-F54DCB3C7392.jpeg

Shiffy is sitting out Solden due to “tweaked back”. Hope she is ok, long term. If anyone needed to nail that race and get in a groove it was MS.

Very disappointing as I have so little going due to COVID.

Bummer Shiffrin won’t be racing but GS can still be exciting. Looking forward to the return of Stephanie Bruner...
0627D946-CB9C-464A-AEE1-AB4307990742.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
For the women, Vail Daily had a look at the venues and Mikaela-

• Shiffrin has won at every site hosting a World Cup giant slalom or slalom this season, except for Lech/Zurs, which has not hosted the circuit since December 1994. Shiffrin was born March 13, 1995.

James

Out There
Instructor
3F48B18B-F2E6-45E9-AD8F-8BAECF8BD2CB.jpeg

I guess they’ll make it to China this year. Sort of have to with the Olympics next year.
Shiffrin sitting out Soelden gives her basically a month to recover.

James

Out There
Instructor
maybe more. Parallel is rough on the back, be interesting to see if she goes to Lech/Zurs. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see her until Levi.
Good point. Seems ridiculous to have a separate venue just for parallel.
She could go hang out with her reindeer for a few weeks.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Parallell became quite a larger engagement with the new qualification rules. Lot of skiers. Big logistics. Not sure if Levi can/wants to handle that. Alternative move Levi SL to different (glaciere) location. Finns would be very unhappy. Perhaps no one else.

James

Out There
Instructor
Parallell became quite a larger engagement with the new qualification rules. Lot of skiers. Big logistics. Not sure if Levi can/wants to handle that. Alternative move Levi SL to different (glaciere) location. Finns would be very unhappy. Perhaps no one else.
Good point.
If ever there was a time to just eliminate it, this season was it. Cuts down on all that traveling.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
GS at Solden without Shiffrin should still be great! No Rebensberg but we still have Brignone, Worley, Robinson, Bassino, Goggia, Vlhova & Hrovat. Is RagMo back?,... Who else? Again Bruner is returning so hoping she stays healthy.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Women’s start list...

7BC5F03E-A70E-4C30-8F30-3EF901628A1C.jpeg

I am going with
1. Robinson
2. Vlhova
3. Bassino
Torn between Brignone & Bassino but going with Bassino because of her earlier start. Would luv to pick Holdener but wasn’t she recently injured?
Darkhorse Bruner or Robnik

23718600-BDF8-417D-81AD-9038CDB2FA11.jpeg

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Alice/Worley/Vlhova

Based on not much ... Alice/Vlhova seem like they've had good training, Tessa has great history on the hill ... we'll see.
Yeah, Worley would be my emotional pick but l had to go with youth over experience ogwink

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Would be nice to see some skiers from the USA start in the top 30, but without MS we just gotta hope for some (any) US women moving up in the results. Go for it Paula, Nina, A.J., and Keeley.

US Starters & bib numbers: A.J. Hurt 35; Nina O'Brien 40: Keely Cashman 44; Paula Moltzan 62. There are 69 entered in the race.

Last edited:

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Does anyone have details on how to watch in the US? I’m not seeing it come up on NBC Gold as a scheduled event.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Does anyone have details on how to watch in the US? I’m not seeing it come up on NBC Gold as a scheduled event.
Get a VPN and stream from europe; no US broadcast/streaming.

Chance of getting a eurosport (or similar) feed uploaded to youtube; try and watch before it gets taken down. There's usually a copy of the eurosport feed in english or russian? (i don't speak russian, i'm guessing) on youtube for a couple of days before it gets taken down.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find it on Youtube. There was a pretty reliable Russian youtube channel a few years ago, not so much last year.
If anyone finds anything, please post it here or in the https://www.pugski.com/threads/tv-coverage-for-2020-2021.20896/ thread.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Seems like you might only need to watch the first 6 racers....
At first glance it may seem that way but there are a lot of good skiers on the first page (Goggia, Liensberger, Hrovat, Bucik, Alphand etc. even Gut-Behrami) & who knows if someone can pop in from late depending on conditions.
I have been looking at the webcam the past couple of days & looks like the fog has been in & out.

Sponsor

Staff online