• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There goes my great theory about Gisin picking up more points than Vlhova in speed races :rolleyes:

I think the sprint format as well as the fact that the lower part of the CM track favors technical skiers played to Vlhova's strengths.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I think the sprint format as well as the fact that the lower part of the CM track favors technical skiers played to Vlhova's strengths.
Gisin also historically pretty bad in CM DHs. Not sure why the track doesn't agree with her, but it doesn't.

Curious to see how tomorrow and Sunday go - Gisin has reasonable SG results at CM, as well as the rest of speed.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Big day toward the overall for Vlhova & a buzz kill for Gisin.
Goggia had to work for it after Ledecka’s near perfect aggressive run.
A74C48AF-DAB6-40ED-9144-AF75298CEFD5.jpeg

Just watching US skier Isabella Wright ski into 20th from bib 44 as I am posting.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Lindsey Vonn is slated to be in the commentators booth for these races, was she today?
Tomorrow...
8602C1AC-0719-4FA6-ACFE-273C595D8475.jpeg

Gonna have to go for Goggia again. In fact I can’t go against Ledecka and Johnson for the other 2 spots.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Lindsey Vonn is slated to be in the commentators booth for these races, was she today?
Tomorrow...

Gonna have to go for Goggia again. In fact I can’t go against Ledecka and Johnson for the other 2 spots.
Porino and Schlanger did today’s race. Based on SkiRacing.com it looks like Vonn will do the Saturday and Sunday races. It will be interesting to see how she does. Some former, or active, USST members like Bode Miller and recently Steven Nyman, and probably others although they are the ones who I can recall offhand have been really interesting to listen to. Some others haven’t always seemed to be as comfortable as commentators. Hopefully they don’t have to lower the start again on Saturday

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
From the top today!
Thanks.
I am peeking at this thread through one slightly open eye hoping to see that the race was not cancelled but gambling that I will not see results. l will check back this evening after I have watched.
Finally snowing in Utah...
631F1E61-BEE3-474C-8109-17E50F83101E.jpeg

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Better race today with the full course. Watched the NBCSN broadcast & thought Lindsey Vonn did a really nice job & exceeded expectations.
Goggia goes full throttle in the flat light with a big improvement from Gut-Berhrami.

Tomorrow’s SG...
5CCC2DCA-6723-4D21-A4BF-F1002A601323.jpeg

Gut-Berhrami
Brignone
Goggia

Last edited:

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
DH Saturday 23rd: Goggia in 1st, Gut-Behrami 2nd, Curtoni in 3rd, Piravano in 4th, and Breezy Johnson 5th--6 Italian women in the top 20.

SG Sunday 24th: Gut-Behrami wins, then Tippler, Brignone in 3rd, and Marsaglia in 4th.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Any news on Ledecka? Appeared to be holding her left arm although she did ski down slowly afterwards.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
DH Saturday 23rd: Goggia in 1st, Gut-Behrami 2nd, Curtoni in 3rd, Piravano in 4th, and Breezy Johnson 5th--6 Italian women in the top 20.

SG Sunday 24th: Gut-Behrami wins, then Tippler, Brignone in 3rd, and Marsaglia in 4th.

The Italian women kicked butt (I have no affiliation other than the fact that I'm 100% Italian in my ancestry). :)

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
KG GS#1 Run 2. 4 skiers, same start instance. Shiffrin and Robinson play swaps - Robinson ended a few hundredths ahead of MS - whilst Ballino skis off into the distance. Vhola in between.

Ignore the thumbnail....

Guess I gotta bookmark this for the big monitor. Indecipherable on little phone. I love these video comparisons, though.

James

Out There
Instructor
Isabella Wright of the US, bib 38, had quite the Klammeresque run. She did pretty well, 28th and 2.46 back, just ahead of Gisin.

Sponsor

Staff online