• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some sports figured this out already,
Even the NFL - for all it's physical reputation. Broadcasts will usually show it just one time (maybe two if it's different angles) these days, and warn viewers ahead of the replay. (Dak Prescott's broken/dislocated ankle comes to mind this past season.).

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah those were ugly crashes.
Does anyone know what happened to Laurenne Ross? You saw her just unbuckling boots and waiting for help, then they cut away. I suspected some injury.
And who knows...maybe her long time BF, Travis Ganong is helpful?
The weird thing is their last names use the exact same scrabble letters.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know what happened to Laurenne Ross? You saw her just unbuckling boots and waiting for help, then they cut away. I suspected some injury.

Aggravated shoulder injury, per Laurenne's Twitter. She's resting it.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Laurenne Ross is a gutsy competitor but she’s had so many injuries and each return feels more tentative (which may well contribute to the next crash). It might be time...

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Laurenne is a tough one, but is pretty frequently beat up and has persevered through a LOT of injury, surgery and PT.
I think she is on her way home right now from Italy.

I'm pretty tuned into her age, as she's between our kids. She's 32 {33 this summer}. I think she's been in the USST system for 14 years now? Thats a LONG time. I think she may have had three podiums, and the last one may have been 5 or so years ago. I don't think she's qualified for WCF's this year; I think she's way off the mark, even with the injuries to others.

Her long time boyfriend is Tommy Ford. Both skied at Mt. Bachelor as kids. He's a year younger, as I recall. Tommy has always been loaded with talent and as we know has has an injury filled career. I guess you could say he's a late bloomer as his only WC win was last season at Beaver Creek. And of course now he's injured, after that ugly crash. When he's healthy, "he has jets." Always has.

I don't know if Tommy has wrapped up his BA at Dartmouth. I think he may have, if not he's close to it. Pretty sure Laurenne has her degree from Oregon. I hear that they are both very bright, creative and talented. I would not be the least bit surprised if they BOTH called it a career soon. Depending on their physical health, maybe it's one more year, through the 2022 OWG's. I don't know. Presume that Tommy has a pretty nice contract with Head, through 2022.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Well they both look pretty good. Both had "successful" operations. I suspect that Schneeberger having a rod in her leg may preclude her from racing again. They didn't detail Vickhoff's operation but apparently similar in nature and severity..no ligament damage apparently. I like the Haribo candies.. This pic is from Monday afternoon apparently..

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Like running all diciplines (Ledecka when she ran snowboard+dh+sg).

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey folks - All the safety talk regarding gates, protectors, potential rule changes, etc. has been moved to this thread:

Please discuss further there, and not in this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
C0235BEA-1F0E-4D96-9246-24D1A6757D27.jpeg

Vlhova
Liensberger
Shiffrin

Gisin
Holdener

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
^^^^^ I think that's a pretty good call. I wouldn't bet against Petra on a clean track for run 1.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I was really hoping Paula would pull out a great 2nd run. She was positioned well for her best result yet.

Petra did what I expected on the 1st run and she also did what @S.H. predicted on the 2nd run. ;)

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Exciting competition between the leading racers from run #1! Loved the continual lead changes toward the end of run 2.
Great to see Holdener returning to form. She has been looking better every week. Swiss team is shining.
I don’t think Vlhova choked, I think Shiffrin & Holdener just skied better & Vlhova looked great in both runs. Like the Shiffrin of old, making a lot of time in the final stretch.
Shiffrin also seems to have gotten herself into a better place lately & it’s showing.
Strong placing for Buick who always seems on the verge of moving up but seems to end up with a critical mistake. Today she had a mistake but stayed with it & ended up not destroying her run.
Peterlini & Slokar are 2 to watch as they continue to ski strongly.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
2950DF0A-E9F7-4179-85B2-4EE4268806F8.jpeg

Shiffrin
Vlhova
Gut-Berhrami

Sponsor

Staff online