• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women’s World Cup 2021

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I want to know more about Lila. She had it going before blowing a few turns in the second run. Being that she's from the Tahoe area, you would think some folks around here might know her (or be a friend of a friend).

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I want to know more about Lila. She had it going before blowing a few turns in the second run. Being that she's from the Tahoe area, you would think some folks around here might know her (or be a friend of a friend).

I'm stoked to see her back in the points. Was great as a youngster, got hurt (and somewhat abandoned by the USST), long road back ...

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor

My daughter has raced her a few times, so she was pretty excited to see her racing on TV. Same for Paula. She may be from Minnesota but we count her as an honorary Vermonter after her stint at UVM.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Late Spring a few years ago I was downloading the Funital lift at Squaw with a young teen ski teamer so we started talking ski racing. She went on & on about skiing with Lila & how she wanted to follow her path. Obviously a huge influence & role model for her.
Lots of influencers at Squaw.
7E7F046C-80D2-4EB9-9005-ED7381B430BD.jpeg

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anybody else notice the Atomic ski just not working right in Levi? Seems none of the women on the Atomic ski looked comfortable with it.

Take nothing away from Petra, she's cleary one of the physically stronger/strongest of the bunch and that means huge advanatge with that top flat section.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I don’t think I really expected it but looks like Shiffrin is not racing...
1046551D-A1B4-45C7-B70B-7120EDD35412.jpeg

Brignone
Bassino
Worley
Vlhova as top qualifiers

James

Out There
Instructor
Not surprised she’s not doing the parallel show.
Apparently, in Europe, this has been public for days. See the Shiffrin thread.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Not surprised she’s not doing the parallel show.
Apparently, in Europe, this has been public for days. See the Shiffrin thread.
I would've been surprised if she did.
I like parallel & it seems like they are coming closer to developing something that is more fair to everyone. Looking forward to seeing what the next couple of days brings.
Happy Thanksgiving
ogsmile

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I would've been surprised if she did.
I like parallel & it seems like they are coming closer to developing something that is more fair to everyone. Looking forward to seeing what the next couple of days brings.
Happy Thanksgiving
ogsmile

Definitely more fair now. The knock-out round, where one course was always clearly faster, just made no sense in the land of fairness. I think I'll enjoy watching it more now, knowing that all of the competitors can get a fair shot.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
l forgot Robinson again! She could tear this up or blow up.
l don’t think we have seen AJ Hurt this year & l know nothing of Katie Hensien & have only heard of Allie Resnick. Maybe the PGS will bring out the best from the hungry newcomers ogsmile

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Look at Ski Racing for US Nationals results, just held at Copper Mtn, to learn a bit about A J, Katie, and Allie.
they have all earned their starts in the PGS.

James

Out There
Instructor
Lila Lapanja is still in the mix? Was she injured last season?

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for posting all the race information. To watch live or delayed will the Peacock Premium get me to the WC, does anyone know if they have delays etc. I recently went to Roku and You Tube TV and see where it is an option?

Sponsor