• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Womens/girls skis

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
My 13 year old needs new to her skis. Nkt sure of it matters but she's about 5 foot 2 and 100 pounds. Excellent groomer skier. Has been skiing on youth slalom skis the last few years with her informal youth ski development team.

She'd like more of an all mountain ski as she wants to venture some off groomers when going out west. Definitely still want more of a front side oriented ski still as the majority of time is like to be on groomed terrain. Thinking no wider than 85 and something upper 70s width might be better.

She wears a mondo 24.5 boot. Would prefer something with bindings.

We're located in central Iowa.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
My 13 year old needs new to her skis. Nkt sure of it matters but she's about 5 foot 2 and 100 pounds. Excellent groomer skier. Has been skiing on youth slalom skis the last few years with her informal youth ski development team.

She'd like more of an all mountain ski as she wants to venture some off groomers when going out west. Definitely still want more of a front side oriented ski still as the majority of time is like to be on groomed terrain. Thinking no wider than 85 and something upper 70s width might be better.

She wears a mondo 24.5 boot. Would prefer something with bindings.

We're located in central Iowa.
I have a pair of Kastle MX 70s at 152. Bought them new from a shop going out of business, installed the included bindings, and skied them two days. Too short for me. So they are like new.

PM me if you are interested.

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
Get the Kastle!
Or go on eBay and look up DPS. There are a few good new options for about 249-299

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair of Kastle MX 70s at 152. Bought them new from a shop going out of business, installed the included bindings, and skied them two days. Too short for me. So they are like new.

PM me if you are interested.
That MX is a lot of ski for a 100lb'er.

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
Heck I hadn't even considered the light weight. DPS might be burly at that weight. My daughter is on DPS Uschi 85 or so at I think 163. She was 120 last Christmas when she was skiing but she skied those also at Killington spring of 2021 and must have been 100 at that point. Your just might do well on DPS. Lemme look up a pair.

Edit.
Well I guess they're sold out of the ones I've been looking at for over a year. If I see any online I'll pop back in. Great skis.

TS
N

Nelliefj40

Putting on skis
Skier
Thank you all for the continued thoughts. I was strongly considering the mxs but appreciate the concern regarding weight. She's a touch heavier than I thought (105) but nothing significant.

I'll check out some of the options posted but I do think she could use a more substantial ski than something like the flair as they appear to more beginner friendly?

Thanks!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have a lot of women on the site who are smaller and may have something to offer.
@Pat AKA mustski @laine @Pequenita .....

If they don't have used skis available, perhaps they know of some.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m 130 lbs so substantially heavier, but I’m wondering about the Wild Belles. My understanding is the newer versions are very similar to the Hells Belles I used to have and they were super friendly. I also wonder about the Kastle PX 81. @Tricia - how does that model ski? I was looking into that one for my DIL and thought it sounded like a good fit for a light weight, progressing skier. I love my older model LX 73… it’s stupid easy to ski. I never tried the LX85 so I don’t know if it’s light and easy also.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love my older model LX 73… it’s stupid easy to ski. I never tried the LX85 so I don’t know if it’s light and easy also.
That LX series was great, including the short lived LX94. The new PX skis are the spiritual successors.
I also wonder about the Kastle PX 81. @Tricia - how does that model ski?
Since I have spent a bit more time on it than Tricia...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've skied it a bit.
Its more nimble than the MX for sure.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m 130 lbs so substantially heavier, but I’m wondering about the Wild Belles. My understanding is the newer versions are very similar to the Hells Belles I used to have and they were super friendly. I also wonder about the Kastle PX 81. @Tricia - how does that model ski? I was looking into that one for my DIL and thought it sounded like a good fit for a light weight, progressing skier. I love my older model LX 73… it’s stupid easy to ski. I never tried the LX85 so I don’t know if it’s light and easy also.
I skied the PX81 at Mt. Rose last spring. It’s an easy ski and very intuitive. I found, for me, that I preferred something a tad more beefy at that width. But I’m taller and heavier than you.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you all for the continued thoughts. I was strongly considering the mxs but appreciate the concern regarding weight. She's a touch heavier than I thought (105) but nothing significant.

I'll check out some of the options posted but I do think she could use a more substantial ski than something like the flair as they appear to more beginner friendly?

Thanks!
@tinymoose is around your daughter’s size and is an excellent carver.Her all-mountain skis are the Volkl Yumis, and she skis GREAT on them. They might be a really good option. She also demoed some all-mountain skis last winter and may have some more insights.

SkiBam

Putting on skis
Skier
I think @SkiBam has/had the Yumi's too.
Yes, I do. Bought them a few years ago and love them a lot - have the 148. I'm about 105 lbs and I think they're a great ski for a light, advanced woman. I also have Head Super Joys for hard-packed conditions when you really want to carve. This is another great ski for a lightweight, in my opinion.

Sponsor

Staff online