• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women's Nano Puff Pants?

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
I thought I rememberer seeing the some manufacturer made a pair insulating capri pants that were similar to Patagonia's Nano Puff jackets. Am I dreaming?

My wife is moving from insulated pants to a shell bib and I am looking for something extra warm on those really cold days.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I picked up some Spyder puffy pants that are good.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Arc‘teryx makes something similar, have no personal data on them, try searching for AXINA KNICKER WOMEN'S

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Second on the arctryx. :)

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Helly Hansen ones & really like them. I wore them the other day when it was -23C in the morning (-9F) under my regular pants and was toasty warm.

TS
Miller

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
These are all very helpful replies. Thanks very much.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got my wife and daughters these:

Fit is good, not too tight in the thighs.

These are similar to the Arcteryx Axino and Patagonia Nano-Air (which I don’t think comes in 3/4): active insulation with a soft, matte, stretchy face fabric. Meaning they will stretch a bit, and they move moisture if you are active. They also are a bit more comfortable for lounging.

I have the Swix pants, similar to the Helly Hansen above, with traditional high loft synthetic insulation and downproof face fabric. Thin strips of stretch fleece.
More windproof, but less breathable. Still fine for resort skiing.

I love the full side zips for this. Start in a cold moring, and as the day warms up, you can reach through your shell pants zippers, undo the insulation pants, and pull them up and out, without dropping your shell pants around your knees.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@princo , I don’t think Montbell do any 3/4 length ones (for skiing) do they?
I have their UL down pants, and it’s a great backpacking layer. As light as most long underpants!

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I love the full side zips for this. Start in a cold moring, and as the day warms up, you can reach through your shell pants zippers, undo the insulation pants, and pull them up and out, without dropping your shell pants around your knees.

Oh, now that is intriguing!

TS
Miller

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
I got my wife and daughters these:

Fit is good, not too tight in the thighs.

These are similar to the Arcteryx Axino and Patagonia Nano-Air (which I don’t think comes in 3/4): active insulation with a soft, matte, stretchy face fabric. Meaning they will stretch a bit, and they move moisture if you are active. They also are a bit more comfortable for lounging.

I have the Swix pants, similar to the Helly Hansen above, with traditional high loft synthetic insulation and downproof face fabric. Thin strips of stretch fleece.
More windproof, but less breathable. Still fine for resort skiing.

These look perfect and the price is a lot better than the Arcteryx Axino.