• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women's Ski Coach Pants

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For Women searching for REAL gear that fits your curves and is super warm...We don't represent this company at all but Wifey LOVES her new coach pants. Complete w/ knee pads, Wifey's new BFF. One kneel and she was sold. She says to pass on that they will help to keep her knees warm. They are designed by Women, for Women and are actually billed as "Ice fishing" pants w/ too many size options to list. No "Teener" fit here. The sizes are for real women that have hips, butts and thighs. Absolutely indestructible/bulletproof material, Super warm, butt zips for easy bathroom access, and in the pics her inseam is incorporated snap adjusted at one level up... + Gaiters to seal your boots, + 2 set hand warming pockets (chest and behind cargo pockets w/ detachable terri towel inside) I WANT A PAIR OF THESE!!!!!!! :beercheer:

She says to pass on that these are NOT SEXY... She has other pants for that. These pants are going to be her hardcore utility pants, just as useful to help shovel the driveway w/o tearing, pimp a chainsaw ( now THAT is Sexy! :hail:) , or to ski a tough powder day in 10 below. Think Carhartt tough, but designed ONLY for Women. When you're a busy Mom or ski instructor adjusting kids gear down on one knee pad ... these are the solution. Big pockets for tools and kid gear...etc... and a fully adjustable upper section to ANY size..... top to bottom seam-seal unzippable outer seam for easy entry/exit or temp ctrl.... High insulated sleeve that covers your lower back for warmth. Super light material and insulation won't weigh you down.

Size Med in pic @ a ridiculously cheap $140! ; Wifey is 5'1", 125 lbs (She's protesting posting that... This is me... :dig:) The new Girl Gear ROCKS! Wifey says; "Finally, a company that get's it and is not trying to squeeze me into some unrealistic fit! Comfort, warmth and durability first! " :golfclap:

20230209_105924.jpg
20230209_110240.jpg
20230209_110107.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Removing the tags and realizing that the insulation material in the pants is "Flotex". Which means, besides everything else I mentioned, you'll get a minor level of float assist, should you ever submerge! LMAO According to actual flotation tests done by members at Hardcoresledder.com, the pants will work alone but work better when combined w/ a Flotex jacket. Hey maybe that's an advantage if you're skiing chest deep Pow on skinny skis!!! :huh: Ha ha ha ha

( On a more serious note: Flotex flotation is MINOR and MAY help in an emergency situation but is NOT Coast Guard approved as a flotation device
On open ice, I always carry "emergency ice picks" around my neck as standard safety gear. As a side note and to send home the point, many times when they find ice submersion victims, their fingernails are ripped and torn from trying to get back on top of the ice. For me, picks have always been MANDATORY for snowmobile ice crossings or spending any significant time on ice. )

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apologies for thread drift, because the pants sound absolutely great, but ......
"Emergency ice picks worn around the NECK"??? Are these just regular ice picks or something special?

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apologies for thread drift, because the pants sound absolutely great, but ......
"Emergency ice picks worn around the NECK"??? Are these just regular ice picks or something special?
If you go through the ice, these can save your life. They make self-rescue easier. He demonstrates their use at the end of the video.

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you live in a place where its cold , I could see having a pair of these in the car. Ever change a tire in the snow? Not fun.

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you live in a place where its cold , I could see having a pair of these in the car. Ever change a tire in the snow? Not fun.
Change your tire!?!? Ha ha ha..... How about an entire brake job (pads + rotors) in the snow... or just about anything on a snowmobile? :popcorn:

Yup..... been there done that!!! + Outdoor portable infrared heater + Carhartt ... similar to Wifey's DSG's but not as fancy! :beercheer:

Last edited:

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I still remember those old black and purple Arctic Cat suits.
Apparently they were warm as hell but you had to turn sideways to go through a door :D

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apparently they were warm as hell but you had to turn sideways to go through a door :D
The old gear was Brutal, non articulated and crazy puffy. With the mileage we used to put on up in northern Quebec (anywhere from 4 - 12k miles per year), we had to buy specific brands like Reima Motorsports and Klim to stay warm in -60 F, not have bulk and fit over our Tekvest guards w/ shoulder extensions. I also used Roach knee/shin guards, and forearm and elbow pads..... ha ha ha ready for battle on a sled! Ski boots are EASY!!!! LOL

In the early days of Hardcoresledders, it wasn't just our name, it was our lifestyle! :beercheer:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Happy Wife ---> Happy Life! 100% worth every penny if they work for her..

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First time ever skiing w/ Wifey and she was warmer than me! She says to report that these are perfect for Mom's and Female athletes training and course prepping and/or coaching in cold weather. No tight teenage fit model here. Articulated, total freedom of movement and super warm all day comfort. She says that above 20 deg, these are too warm... and that is coming from someone who is ALWAYS cold.

I was freezing yesterday w/ all my zips and helmet on lock down..... all her zips and helmet were open and she was totally warm and comfortable. Sketchy, technical woods terrain, total freedom of movement. She rocked it! :hail: She says the knee pads are a game changer. Her knees have never been this warm and protected. She says she's never been so comfortable and free on the slopes. She said "Tell the girls these are a winner if you're actually working or really skiing especially if you run cold like I do!"

She's raving about the warmth, comfort, women's real size fit, and durability.... If your Wifey runs cold, these will solve the problem!

One complaint was the gaiters were tight around her boots w/ Hotronics attached. Solution was she only buttoned the bottom snap of the gaiter....problem solved.

We have no affiliation w/ this company. Simply dedicated to "REAL GIRL GEAR" that works, performs and fits Real Women!!!!!

Last edited:

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
HOLY CARP POOP!!!!!
That was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen! Although, you have to be a little crazy to keep going back into that water ...... :eek:
Jeez, The only thing he didn't show us was how to self rescue in a Speedo!

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
Back in the 70's I had a 440 Mercury sliderail and the Artic Cat purple and black suit. Definitely kept me warm in Northern Ill and WI.

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Back in the 70's I had a 440 Mercury sliderail and the Artic Cat purple and black suit. Definitely kept me warm in Northern Ill and WI.
Yes the old gear was warm but super bulky even when I snowmobiled in the 90's. The high end gear nowadays like Klim, FXR, DSG, and even the cheaper mid range gear is thinner, articulated and set up for movement to accommodate the more active riding styles and better reflects the new tech in warmth. Snowmobile gear is what we primarily use for alpine skiing when the temps drop into -5 or below. Ski gear just can't compete at those temps here in the East. I can wear the red Klim snowmobile jacket in the pic below w/ one thin base layer down to -15 F. At - 20 F down to -35 I add a mid layer and my Klim snowmobile pants... that's it..... I wouldn't dream of using snowmobile gear out west. Out west U.S. I generally carry Ski specific gear on trips, except for the blue jckt below which is Klim.

Also recommend snowmobile gear because of the durability.... Blue Klim jckt in pic in spring. It's a lighter Klim ski ready jckt made of bullet proof Cordura, and thinly insulated. That jckt comes w/ me out west. I've torn up a lot of ski clothing in the woods. Not a scratch w/ snowmobile gear. It's built Carhartt tough like Wifey's DSG pants. If you're carrying and setting up gates w/ a drill on the race course, this gear is for you...

Raynaud's??? Def go w/ snowmobile gear. Also the sizing is based on real U.S. models not European Teens. Euro-fit based clothing, like most ski gear has never fit my hips and thighs properly even when I was super thin and living in Europe during high school and college. Thank goodness for the advent of snowboard clothing. The larger sizing and styles, got me through until snowmobile gear became lighter and more agility based. For example.... My two sets of "Picture Organic Clothing" ski pants are both 2XL and barely fit over my hips and thighs. My Burton XL pants barely fit over my thighs w/ med tights on. Few of my twenty or so pairs :geek: (okay... I ski ALOT :huh: .....) , fit over my thighs...... UGGH .... So frustrating. Now Wifey and I have learned and always look for snowmobile pants first! DSG ... adjustable inseam on the fly?!?! Who does that!??! By Women, For Women. Her pants adjust and fit her at 5' 1"........ and her same pants can easily adjust to a woman @ 5' 8" in seconds.... All of Wifey's DSG's do this and come in more sizes than we've ever seen anywhere XS up to 5XL.....Impressive!.... Love it! Just passin' it on! Rock on Ladies as your killer gear has finally arrived! Let's Get Down and do some serious skiing!
:beercheer:

Attachments

• IMG_9214.JPG
    IMG_9214.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20210404_155607399_2.jpg
    PXL_20210404_155607399_2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online