• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Finland next door. Debute on WC for one young Swede Cornelia Öhlund (born 05) who did her first years in the same squad as my youngest. Moved to Åre with her family and raced for them. I have told the story before on here but the first I remember from her was when she showed up on the club pre-season camp, end of November beginning of December. IIRC it was first U10 year, perhaps 2:nd U8. She had some 20-30 days on snow already that summer/fall. She now works with our "old" head coach Jörgen Nordlund. Going to be a great experience for her.
That's one thing that really surprises me every single time when I'm on glaciers down here in summer/autumn.... number of Swedish kids on glaciers. It's simply insane. There's probably more Swedes then Austrians in middle of Austria and by far more then everyone else together. And I'm talking about real kids, not U18 but more like U12.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do we know if everybody is back on the women’s side? Max Franz was injured in training and is out for the season. Did any woman besides Andreja Slokar get injured in the off season?

Last edited:

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Finland next door. Debute on WC for one young Swede Cornelia Öhlund (born 05) who did her first years in the same squad as my youngest. Moved to Åre with her family and raced for them. I have told the story before on here but the first I remember from her was when she showed up on the club pre-season camp, end of November beginning of December. IIRC it was first U10 year, perhaps 2:nd U8. She had some 20-30 days on snow already that summer/fall. She now works with our "old" head coach Jörgen Nordlund. Going to be a great experience for her.
She is an impressive skier, saw her last year when we were training in Kabdalis....didn't know who she was but she ripped at a different level for sure. Then after talking with her coach to determine who that was, we followed her progress. Getting her points down so quickly in her first year FIS last season was more than impressive. Wish her the best!

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's one thing that really surprises me every single time when I'm on glaciers down here in summer/autumn.... number of Swedish kids on glaciers. It's simply insane. There's probably more Swedes then Austrians in middle of Austria and by far more then everyone else together. And I'm talking about real kids, not U18 but more like U12.

It’s really astonishing but nowadays, It seems to be the Name of the Game. As long as everyone is having fun …

James

Out There
Instructor
—————-
It’s my first time in Levi to train before the competition and I’m glad we’re here,” Mikaela Shiffrin told FIS. “Now I also have time to get to know Levi, because there is usually a rush and a bit of stress during the competition, and there is not much time left for anything else.”

Shiffrin has won at Levi four times in her career. Her chief slalom rival, Petra Vlhova, is a five-time winner. Vlhova is currently training at the venue as well.

“It’s been good conditions to practice here,” she told FIS. “I like Levi’s race and the slope, because it offers everything that a slalom track should have. I’m trying to win again this year, but it won’t be easy, the other women are fast and skilled.”
—————————-

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
"...it won’t be easy, the other women are fast and skilled.”
For some reason, reading that (obviously without tone or inflection) it sounds like a robot wrote it. Or it's some generic dialog from a crappy ski movie. :P

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Levi, FIS World Cup, Women, Levi, Slalom.png

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bonus pick for attack from the back: Laura Colturi (bib 53)
Lots of press around Colturi over the summer. Impressive results in South America for someone who just turned 16 earlier this week. I’m excited to see how she does this weekend.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We’re going to see more of Ava Sunshine.

But what happened to run 1? I couldn't find it on Ski & Snowboard live.

Last edited:

Gina D

Getting off the lift
Skier
Why are there two reindeer? Is one the father just to keep the young calm, or is that a previous reindeer winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid