• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
We are a week away from Solden! Anyone have insight on how or where to watch the races from the US?

This site worked well last year for Austrian races & it appears to be still in action. I just signed in & it indeed shows Solden on the schedule!
https://app.skiworldcup.live/schedule

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

4ster

Instructor
FYI - The Predictor league from last season was carried over to this season. So the one I originally posted above is not correct. I've corrected the info above, and here for the right league:

Join me in the league now no.1642 : SkiTalk Predictor League
Password : 4UNI7
By clicking on this link : https://predictorchallenge.fis-ski.com/#welcome/register/?parrain=dkj2okt&ligue=1642&mdp=4UNI7
Sorry but I am confused. Apparently I am still in last season’s league? Should I change it?
Not that my votes would help, my track record was pretty dismal last season :P

Swiss staters for Soelden
CD814D93-1B3F-4BA8-97B5-5F7B2684A71C.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently I am still in last season’s league?
Yes... everyone who was in last season's league was carried over to this season.

Should I change it?
No

I didn't realize that leagues automatically carried over, and consquently made a new league, which is no longer needed. If anyone wants to join the league, use the info above with the password to join the existing league (same one as last year).

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Five girls to start from Team Sweden:

Sara Hector and Estelle Alphand the "seniors" in the team. Hector should be on the podium and a potential winner. Alphand struggled a lot last season; hopefully can come out stronger for 2022/2023. Did good in a few low rank competitions in South America pre season.
Hanna Aronsson Elfman and Hilma Lövbom "new" but did very well last season when they started to do WC starts. Both are JR world champs and has done well on the EC. I am keeping an extra eye on Hanna. She now have a season on the highest level under her belt and another summer of building up strength. Reasonable expectations is a second run. Top 15 would be very good.
Lisa Nyberg will do her premiere on the WC. Pretty tough place to do that, but when you've decided to go down that road, might as well dive head first. A second run is a win for her.
According to reports from the team –– good training in Italy, in Stelvio and Schnalstal.

Sorry no pictures.

Lesterski

Booting up
Skier
We are a week away from Solden! Anyone have insight on how or where to watch the races from the US?

This site worked well last year for Austrian races & it appears to be still in action. I just signed in & it indeed shows Solden on the schedule!
https://app.skiworldcup.live/schedule
Thanks for Austrian site! Peacock is streaming all races like last year with NBC sports streaming US locations as well. Hate to subscribe to one more thing, but I couldn't find another way to watch last year.

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Men's & women's races from Solden now showing up on Peacock for Saturday and Sunday.

4ster

Instructor
Where have you seen this? Articles posted earlier seem to explicitly state they are only streaming the US based races.
My impression is that Peacock Premium will stream all races like the past season but may not be showing domestic races, although I won’t be surprised if they do. I have seen so many different interpretations and misinterpretations recently that I won’t believe it till I see it. I have a feeling they will broadcast everything but I am of a wait and see mentality.
:doh: :huh: :doh:
My plan is to watch Solden for free on the Austrian feed and go from there.

James

Out There
Instructor
So is Lake Louise out now for men and women? I forget what we discussed last spring.

4ster

Instructor

2022-23 U.S. Alpine Ski Team​

(Hometown; Club; Birthdate)

A TEAM

Women

• Breezy Johnson (Victor, Idaho; Rowmark Ski Academy; 1/19/1996)
  • Paula Moltzan (Prior Lake, Minnesota; Buck Hill Ski Team/Ski and Snowboard Club Vail and University of Vermont; 4/7/1994)
  • Nina O’Brien (Edwards, Colorado; Burke Mountain Academy/Team Palisades Tahoe; 11/29/1997)
  • Mikaela Shiffrin (Edwards, Colorado; Burke Mountain Academy/Ski & Snowboard Club Vail; 3/13/1995)

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought this was interesting. Roni Remme will race for Germany this year, beginning at Sölden. She qualifies by having a German grandmother

https://taketonews.com/canadian-ski-racer-alpine-all-rounder-roni-remme-switches-to-dsv/
https://skiweltcup.tv/index.php/roni-remme-kehrt-team-canada-den-ruecken-und-wechselt-zum-dsv/

I am not on Instagram so can’t link her posts from there Including photo wearing a DSV team suit. AJ Ginnis has switched to Greece in 2021(?) but I think it is unusual for someone at WC level to switch from US or Canada to a European country mid-career

edit: Greece is obviously a European country. I really meant alpine nation or nation which traditionally has had a strong presence on the alpine World Cup

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
Looks like maybe some possible weather for race day :(
0E5F126E-F7CD-4710-86E9-26377BF55070.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink