• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I listened to that - I like her, she seems to have a lot of skills and a good head on her shoulders. I hope things get settled.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
I heard an hour with her in English. It’s good enough I would think. I suppose it makes a good excuse.

It was reported that things weren’t going to plan in December https://www.sportnews.bz/artikel/wi...usforderung-der-karriere-alltag-nicht-einfach The article says that Magoni sets individually tailored training runs, which are analyzed while still on the slope. In theory, this sounds like a way to increase efficiency, but in practice it progress was often hindered by the language barrier. "Our English isn't perfect, and that doesn't make it easy to work together in everyday training," says Liensberger. Since they were both trying to communicate in a foreign language, effective communication on the finer points of racing technique must have been a challenge. Other reasons given for the spit were technical, logistical and organizational misunderstandings.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Duerr wins, then Shiffrin 0.06sec back in second, and a good result by Ljutic to get 3rd. Paula Moltzan continues to do well, grabbing 8th.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
That was a shocker! Not shocked that Duerr won but that Shiffrin lost.
Congrats to Duerr, she deserves it & she did it at a time when Shiffrin is on fire!
Ljutic, what can you say!!
Watch out for Ljutic, she may just be the heir apparent?

Shiffrin was lightening in the combinations all weekend!!!
Not to take anything away from Duerr but could it be that Shiffrin mismanaged her lead? Her run looked better than 14th fastest. :huh:

Last edited:

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Paula is currently 12th in the overall. Pretty impressive season she is having.

She's also now in the top 7 on the WCSL which means she's in the mix for the top seed scramble - about friggin' time!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I wonder if World Championships were enough to motivate Gisin to begin to get her SL into gear? She seemed to ski a bit better Sunday.

Moltzan looked solid, if she keeps it up she should move into that top group soon.
Finally finding consistency!
about friggin' time!
:)

James

Out There
Instructor
There’s a downhill and a super g in Crans Montana, 25,26 Feb. Then the women go to the US for sl, gs. So a record breaking win could happen in the US.

29B64D82-018A-48E9-909C-15082C841C96.jpeg

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Women don't do this U.S. swing - it's all men's races.

MS has said that her next planned Cup races are either Kvitfjell or Åre.

James

Out There
Instructor
Ah, damn! Can’t tell an M from a W.
Well it could be in Sweden!

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will they need lights in March?

March it’ll be ”normal” light roughly 12 hours, 07:30 until 18:00. Give or take. Some years they’ve done second run as a twilight/night race. This year it will be normal day races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online