• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Roc De Fer(sp) SG! Pretty sure this was the Albertville Olympic DH hill. I really liked the hill then & now with some built in terrain & a less downhilly/GSier set.
I think Shiffrin had Brignone if not for the straddle.
Great skiing & congrats to Fede!!

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@maple19 quite the opposite. I give all the credits to Fede. She was skiing one of her best SL runs ever, regardless of that mistake. Considering how much SL she still races nowadays and how "good" she is in SL, this was actually awesome (or better then that) SL run for her. But I was saying Shiffrin's run was not all that great. Yeah if she wouldn't straddle, she would most likely win, but her run was anything but impressive for me.

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was going to go look at it on Peacock again, but it’s disappeared. I guess it’ll be several hours till they make it a replay.
It looks like Peacock is only showing the races live? I looked last night for a replay of either run and nothing was posted. Screwed by the big, feathery bird again.

4ster

Instructor
8AB4F9A2-410F-4245-9C86-B38A2C07FE4F.jpeg

Bassino
Brignone
LGB

Gonna let Shiffrin prove me wrong ;)

James

Out There
Instructor
Goggia
Shiffrin
Worley

Oh, the other equipment thing about Gisin this year, besides switching to Salomon- Because of a foot injury, she’s had to ski this year in boots 1 size larger than she used to.

Last edited:

maple19

Getting on the lift
Skier
But the top two were clear of the rest, then it tightened up.
Shiffrin is currently 11th in SuperG; this is a real win for her, under max pressure and difficulty to the course.
This. I usually like Porino but he was hard to listen to today, framing the silver as some sort of disappointment - which ignores so much context and also discredits how amazing Bassino was. This race wasn’t Shiffrin’s to lose nor was she the favorite, plus you have all of the Olympics and DNF stuff which, judging by how emotional she was in her post-race interviews, was clearly weighing on her and a huge source of pressure this week. Today was a huge victory for her as well as all of the other women on the podium - Bassino’s first ever SG win, plus Lie and Huetter got their first WSC medals (how about Lie’s comeback?!). Oh, and Shiffrin tied the record for most WSC medals in the modern era! Not a bad day to be any of those women :)

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
I was impressed with Shiffrin's attitude Monday after missing a gate in the Slalom. She was not frustrated. She was a second behind after the Super G and felt in order to win she had to push hard to make up the time. In her effort to make a final push, at the end of the slalom, she simply went over the edge of what was possible and missed the gate. I think that attitude put her in a good frame of mind to compete in today's Super G.

4ster

Instructor
This. I usually like Porino but he was hard to listen to today, framing the silver as some sort of disappointment - which ignores so much context and also discredits how amazing Bassino was.
I just got done watching on Ski and Snowboard live & there was no commentary & I guess that was a good thing. I tend to like Porino better when he is solo than when he teams up with Schlanger but it drives me nuts when it becomes the Mikaela show!

Very close between Shiffrin & Bassino but Bassino was just too strong in the lower turny section! Even though many were faster on top no one could touch Marta on the techy turns!! Great hill, great course

James

Out There
Instructor
I’ve resigned myself to never seeing it on Peacock. It’s live or nothing.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Replays are on Ski and Snowboard Live (as discussed in the media coverage thread).

Awalkspoiled

Putting on skis
Skier
I've forgone the live streaming services and instead watch the Weedy Love channel on Youtube. Excellent, perceptive narration (in Swiss German), and lots of cool content. The Super-G for the women's combined was forerun by a mic-ed-up, GoPro-ed Tina Weirather for instance.

4ster

Instructor
I've forgone the live streaming services and instead watch the Weedy Love channel on Youtube. Excellent, perceptive narration (in Swiss German), and lots of cool content. The Super-G for the women's combined was forerun by a mic-ed-up, GoPro-ed Tina Weirather for instance.
Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid