• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
C7EE2717-DC0D-4A8F-9C73-E98352F2E64A.png

Nice to see Hector podium at home.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Very classy to tie Stenmark in his home country! That's got to be a load off her mind.

James

Out There
Instructor
It was the WCH, that's why Stenmark went there. He also ran a "senior" comp. with Anja Persson and Pernilla Wiberg, AAmodt and a few others, so he was planned into the program. Had zero to do with Lindsey.
Hah. Well Vonn’s team and the US media pretty much spun it that he was there because she asked him to come.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Shiffrin knocked it in with the stivvy of the century coming into the finish slope, and shared the podium with Brignone (upper 3/4 of run 2 were a masterclass) and Hector, who puts energy into a ski like we all wish we could. Great race.

Reactions: JCF

James

Out There
Instructor
First run.

Mikaela seemed pretty relaxed, very smooth. Doesn’t “look” fast.
Of the top skiers, she went into this sequence setup the best by far. Most got too much air or were slightly off balance coming down after the roller before.
50C41EEA-68BF-46AB-A15A-10D789F9609B.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Shiffrin
Duerr
ASL

Shiffrin 1st run-

——————-
Clearly pleased with her skiing in the opening run, Shiffrin smiled and said “yeah” to herself after seeing her time in the finish area.

“It’s one of the few runs in my life where, while I was skiing it, I was thinking, ‘This is good,’” Shiffrin told TV6.
———————-

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Moltzan 15th. She’s got 1/4 of a box of screws in her hand.

———-
Another encouraging American performance, somewhat lost in the celebration surround Shiffrin, was Paula Moltzan coming in 15th. Moltzan had surgery three weeks ago.

“Hand is hanging in there,” said Moltzan, who had surgery three weeks ago. “They put in three plates and 25 screw to stabilize fractures in my third, fourth and fifth metacarpals. Currently GS is a lot easier to manage than slalom. I have had one day of slalom since before world champs with a couple runs to test it. Just hoping to give it my all tomorrow with minimal pain.”
—————-

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I just came here to talk about Paula but James beat me to it. I thought she’d be done for the season.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Heres hoping Paula's hand survives Saturdays slalom. Congratulations to Michaela, a truly long way from the little girl racing in her driveway to the most successful ski racer ever. AND, I would like to add that I saw that her early solid skiing in the driveway would take her far. For those of you who followed my coaching career I have a pair of 207 Miller noddle skis that are great on ice, only $1,000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.