• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Her first run was about as good as it gets!
Wow. I was smiling watching that run -it almost looked like a warm up lap but when you are that good it looks easy sometimes. For a split second I thought she missed her line but no, that was the angle, she’s got this. This is the definition of being in the zone. Seriously, I haven’t smiled this much watching someone running gates that I can remember. Thanks for posting.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
First run.

Mikaela seemed pretty relaxed, very smooth. Doesn’t “look” fast.
Of the top skiers, she went into this sequence setup the best by far. Most got too much air or were slightly off balance coming down after the roller before.
View attachment 196105

I like the drone footage which have been more frequent ghis year. Gives a better sence of the terrain, and the speed.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
87 wins.
What a long way from the conversations we had in late October about transitioning to focus on speed events and questioning the health of her back.
I never thought she would be here this year. My prediction was the best case scenario was she was at 84 or 85 after the WCF.
What a season!
What a career!
On to 100.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

As amazing as Shiffrin is, Paula Moltzan's efforts should not be overlooked!

The most awesome for me was the second run of that girl who didn’t finish it (Elfsson? or something ) she was just totally killing it until the mistake.

And yeah, Mikaela is in a league of her own.

EDIT: Hanna Elfman is the one I mean.

Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The most awesome for me was the second run of that girl who didn’t finish it (Elfsson? or something ) she was just totally killing it until the mistake.

And yeah, Mikaela is in a league of her own.

EDIT: Hanna Elfman is the one I mean.
Yeah Hanna AE (Aronsson Elfman, reigning JR world champ in SL and GS) was on her way to the podium there. Darn pole in her way. For me 17-y/o Cornelia Öhlund made my day, nailing the fastest second run and a 10th place.
Mikaela … incredible. I’ll qoute ASL ”… she’s fucking unreal…”
So, someone must have nailed predicting the podium today?

Last edited:

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And then there was ESPN's coverage. It was the lead story for Sports Center A.M. What did they show? The podium from the GS race and an interview of her after the GS race and how she really wanted to win the GS Globe. Way to be on top of it. That would be like showing an interview of the NBA champs after they won a playoff game in the previous round. So lame.

I guess I should just be happy that Peacock aired it. Looks like they'll have next week's races, too.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I guess I should just be happy that Peacock aired it. Looks like they'll have next week's races, too.
An awful hour on the west coast, but it came at the same time as Peacock's excellent commercial free Paris-Nice coverage. Even better in that I know or have met most of the announcers in both events. Finishes within minutes of each other. I stumbled over to my office and watched them simultaneously on dual screens. Then went back to bed.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
she’s fucking unreal…”
Thanks for confirming what I thought I heard! :micdrop:
Doesn‘t get much better than that first run…
... or the second.

Aronsson-Elfman was blistering!!!

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
And then there was ESPN's coverage. It was the lead story for Sports Center A.M. What did they show? The podium from the GS race and an interview of her after the GS race and how she really wanted to win the GS Globe. Way to be on top of it. That would be like showing an interview of the NBA champs after they won a playoff game in the previous round. So lame.
Nearly as good as ZDF. When Grenier was about to hold up her skis for her historical GS win, they were asking Shiffrin what went wrong.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Finals :(
C055AE23-7DFE-4BF5-88C9-BBD39B5245DD.jpeg

Goggia
Vickhoff-LIE
Ortlieb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.