• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
How do you know that ? I did not get that impression from what I saw. Though she certainly did go along with it.

I don't know for sure but I saw what you saw. I saw reluctance on her part - then the shot.

Reactions: JCF

miatamarty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I just signed up with Community Skis to custom build my very own skis. Hands on class for one day. My design and graphics with the help of Michael and Kristin. Gonna give me all summer to obsess over everything.:daffy:

James

Out There
Instructor
Finally a FIS “Down the Line” episode on one of the acclaimed female athletes:

That was pretty good. Do we think she was actually singing during her downhill race? The audio would not have been likely.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love this video. You can really see how she's a balance of athleticism, fearlessness, careful preparation and (the secret sauce!) showmanship.

Reactions: JCF

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
451D7432-F0A3-45AC-898A-DB222231CB24.jpeg

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Hopefully they’ll be able to run the DH at Zermatt/Cervinia
Yeah, we'll see.

Zagreb is dead.
Lake Louise dead for the women (still on the men's calendar)
Cool to see a non-finals visit to Soldeu
Weird (to me) to see Courchevel not hosting a GS

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Did they always ski at Jasna before Petra?

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Gad, wouldn't it be great to just trail around all season to all of these events, ski at those places also,
and just enjoy and get used to the whole scene.
Uhm... yes and no :) It's fun for a little while, but then it gets pretty hard job, and it's not so much fun to be around for 250 days a year. Plus you get way less skiing then you would think ;)
possibly. or because there's not a super competitive Croat still going and FIS has a hard time comprehending having races in non traditional alpine nations of SVK, AND, and CRO in the same season.
This might be true 5 years ago, but currently, they have pretty good team. Popovic was 6th in SL overall and Ljutic 14th. On men side Zubcic had a bit worse year, but was still 10th overall in GS (25th in SL). So not really that bad, but yes of course nowhere near times when both Kostelic were winning overall.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Uhm... yes and no :) It's fun for a little while, but then it gets pretty hard job, and it's not so much fun to be around for 250 days a year. Plus you get way less skiing then you would think ;)

This might be true 5 years ago, but currently, they have pretty good team. Popovic was 6th in SL overall and Ljutic 14th. On men side Zubcic had a bit worse year, but was still 10th overall in GS (25th in SL). So not really that bad, but yes of course nowhere near times when both Kostelic were winning overall.
Yeah, but ideally, since we got no fish to fry, we could control a lot, pace ourselves, and dodge in and out, as needed - rest, hikes, visits, sight seeing and local beer gardens work too(?!). :D

Anyway, it's just a fun thought, for me; for others it might be doable.

( In resort skiing, I'm generally an "every other day" kinda guy, most of the season anyway - 100 to 120 days, instead of, say, the 240 or so days in the typical Colorado ski season [controlled by Arapahoe Basin days open, early and late]).

I know that with training in the southern hemisphere, many racers may put in many more days.

And at the lifts early, there are lots of 200 plus or minus guys and gals, doing every day almost, or even traveling south for summer skiing -
too much wear and tear for me, especially at this point. :crossfingers:

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I count every day that I simply think about skiing as a ski day.

Or, since I only have half a binding, every day on snow counts as 3.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.