• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Starting World Cup 2022-2023 Women's Thread.
Women's 2022-23 Schedule

Who do people like at Soelden?
Who wins the Globes?
Who, from Ski Talk, is going to any World Cup Races this year?
How close to 87 does Shiffy get?
Who gets the most wins in SL this season? Third most?
Any other predictions or thoughts on the season?

1665095541891.png

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Wow, Solden is only a couple of weeks off! I guess the nice weather around here has kept me from getting in a ski/race season state of mind although I did wax a quiver of skis today.
Recent reports from the glaciers have been good lately & hopefully early races get going as planned.
Hope to see Tommy Ford back in the mix!

Edit: ooops, women's thread. I guess we need to get a men's thread going as well.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Edit: ooops, women's thread. I guess we need to get a men's thread going as well.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mikaela has to be in the top but one sure hesitates on predicting anything. So many years on top and how can anyone stay at their peak for this long. Has her personal life become more important than winning? Marriage, children, life at home in Colorado and Sweden, no more extensive traveling, workouts, training/training/training may become too much. However, this racer may just suprise everyone and move it up a notch and dominate all disciplines. Who knows and thats the fun of October. Anticipation is savored by those with patience and then when the results are good the athletic catharsis is fulfilled.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Mikaela has to be in the top but one sure hesitates on predicting anything. So many years on top and how can anyone stay at their peak for this long. Has her personal life become more important than winning? Marriage, children, life at home in Colorado and Sweden, no more extensive traveling, workouts, training/training/training may become too much. However, this racer may just suprise everyone and move it up a notch and dominate all disciplines. Who knows and thats the fun of October. Anticipation is savored by those with patience and then when the results are good the athletic catharsis is fulfilled.
Yes. Will be very interesting year for Shiffy and (IMHO) she likely ends the year just short of 87 - which pushes her to return next year.
That said, Shiffy has better taste than to date a Swede. Her boyfriend, Kilde, is Norwegian.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Just so y'all know, SkiTalk will have complete on-site coverage of the Killington Cup races over Thanksgiving weekend. Both @AaronFM and I will be there to bring you the blow-by-blow coverage.
Pretty cool. Not like getting mentioned on during Schladming telecast but still exciting.
I always struggle with the Killington event as it falls on biggest College Football Day of the year, but someday I need to get there.
Hoping to do the 3/3-3/5 speed events in Aspen (Men's Tour).

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just don’t know about this new suit. Looks like the kind of stuff the French team usually comes up with. Since MS is flanked by two French racers for easy comparison, hers at least looks a little better.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just don’t know about this new suit. Looks like the kind of stuff the French team usually comes up with. Since MS is flanked by two French racers for easy comparison, hers at least looks a little better.

Those are all French racers, FYI.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Yes, that is Tessa. Always a favorite for me!

A younger favorite…
79DF4ED6-864D-4603-9264-F280504A9AE6.jpeg

Hopefully not too serious :crutches:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, that is Tessa. Always a favorite for me!

A younger favorite…
View attachment 180565

Hopefully not too serious :crutches:
Love Tessa, she's one of my favorites as well. The bright light on the French women's team, which is in dire straits. Maybe Miradoli will win or at least podium again this season, but really, who else is there?

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was going to say that MS is suddenly 6” shorter and wearing a Tessa Worley look alike Halloween mask in the middle! Tessa, BTW, looking quite fit. Could be the camera…..

Yeah, Tessa is looking lean and mean. Let's see how things play out at Sölden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online