• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Shiffrin
Holdener
Vlhova

Maybe Wendy will come through on day 2
76. Nice pics.

I was thinking during the week that 87 would seem super close or distant after this weekend. Skiing slalom well certainly makes that number seem close for Shiffy.

Not ‘22-‘23 close, but ‘23-‘24 close.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hanna Aronsson Elfman (2002) showed class today and at this point she’s a much better skier than her FIS rank. Very calm, composed in an almost Stenmarkish way. 9 yesterday and 11 today. But the biggest for me was Cornelia Öhlund (2005) showing some of her nice attacking spirit, ending up 22nd in her first WC weekend, got a brief sit in the leader chair. Very 17, fun, bubbly OMG! Future looks good. Hector 5th, I think she benefitted from the wide swings, her GS skills came in handy there. ASL seems to be back. I hope she will be the one to challenge Mikaela this season. Had a great pre season in Chile. 2nd yesterday, a little unlucky today whith a classic inside right after she went into the steep. Great weekend and hat off to Levi for the prepp. It is so nice to see racing in these conditions.
Mikaela has a small herd now. Didn’t hear what today’s win was going to be named, or if she went with Sunshines suggestion yesterday: Angelina Jolie

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah, what's with the goats?

8D34618E-C356-49FC-A0FB-06CEB6CDBD62.jpeg

Average Joe

Out on the slopes
Skier
The weather window to inject will be……now. Temps will rise by Wednesday. Looks like they are “on it“ …..from James‘ photo:
4E7E64BC-6154-481E-B3C6-B45531DE3922.jpeg

And a screenshot from 8 days ago:
D8915FF5-CA61-4BC7-86A9-389ED04B226C.jpeg

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wendy came so close today - corker of a second run, only beaten by MS.

So who knows? Maybe Holdener has a great season - and a win - ahead of her. Let's hope so, she's deserving.

Both Ava Sunshine Jemison and Katie Hensien in the points. Laurence Saint-Germain also had a great day - perhaps she's finding speed again.
I'm sooooo rooting for Wendy to finally win a slalom. As it is, I think she holds the record for most runner-up spots in one event without a single win.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I'm sooooo rooting for Wendy to finally win a slalom. As it is, I think she holds the record for most runner-up spots in one event without a single win.
I am rooting for her to win a slalom also - just not in the short term.
Everything is zero sum. So hope she gets that win after Shiffy is at 87 wins.
Wendy seems like such a good egg.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Finally nailed it!
Even though Shiffrin was my pick for number one, I think I was rooting for Wendy! That was an amazing second run for both ladies!
Gotta hope Moltzan makes it happen soon, she was having a more than respectable 2nd run.
Ljutic has some chops!!!
A373A38F-E8F3-40E2-8520-740A214E77E2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online