• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
I think Shiffrin is going to get better quickly. Will the others keep up?

KingMouth

Booting up
Skier
I think Shiffrin is going to get better quickly. Will the others keep up?
I wonder if her body has recovered somewhat. Reading and viewing her social media during the off-season, her preparation seemed less punishing. Less centered on heavy weight training.

I may be misreading it, but it seemed more yoga/pliometric based preparation. If she has fixed her longer term issues regarding her back, look out!

Her spirit has definitely recovered.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I wonder if her body has recovered somewhat. Reading and viewing her social media during the off-season, her preparation seemed less punishing. Less centered on heavy weight training.

I may be misreading it, but it seemed more yoga/pliometric based preparation. If she has fixed her longer term issues regarding her back, look out!

Her spirit has definitely recovered.
She is happy. I am happy for her.
Kilde is legitimately a good guy - so that helps.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Totally different, much less intense off season training. More rest, more “fun” general exercise. Much less heavy iron pushing. She’s been “Example A” of frankly overtraining for some time. If she has worked through the rumored back issues, it’s great and a bit remarkable!

Based on this weekend and her smiles…along with her closeness and leadership with this young W’s tech team….she looks and seems great!

I do think her relationship with AAK has helped her skiing. BTW, her mother seems “a lot more relaxed” as well. Even Mike Day, her HC took something like two months away.

We’ll see! Fingers crossed for her!

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Her mom is a great woman, but I think she can transfer emotional tension without knowing. Maybe she realized the need to manage her own stress.

Don't tell her I said that but it doesn't take much.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks Swede should have looked at my schedule -got lazy.
No Pete, I got it wrong. They are racing. It’s 2023 that don’t have a W race in LL. But I don’t know what the plan is in camp Shiffrin. She has been in the start house last seasons, so my bet would be she'll race in LL.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both Ava Sunshine Jemison and Katie Hensien in the points. Laurence Saint-Germain also had a great day - perhaps she's finding speed again.

I remember eons ago on Epic @4ster started a thread about MS and said....
Watch this girl, she's something! (or something like that)
Now we have Ava Sunshine in our long term view.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Also, don't miss this tonight.
I'll be on an airplane so I probably won't find it easily, but crossing fingers and hope I can watch a recording later if not in real time.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Fencing going up at Killington.
Place is packed.

44A1893B-65FD-4431-A055-82C748029ABC.jpeg
89BC4CCA-A843-4032-8F5E-86B357DCE150.jpeg

Temp was 34F. They’re making snow on public trails.
BFCC7E6E-9C08-4D56-A688-0325F71CB95E.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Finally got ahead of the races and came over here to catch up.

The Predictor League goes live on the 12th!
Missed the first batch of points. Then on the most recent event my guesses were astonishingly bad, even for me. The only two where I won points were ones that took zero insight, like the reindeer name. Sheesh.

Can we also agree the commentating is ridiculous?
Not interesting enough to deserve that compliment.

Even though Shiffrin was my pick for number one, I think I was rooting for Wendy! That was an amazing second run for both ladies!
Gotta hope Moltzan makes it happen soon, she was having a more than respectable 2nd run.
Yes! Go Wendy!

Paula's second run was fabulous (until it wasn't)! She took that blind roller with a surprising and very effective-looking GS-like stivot. Whether it was actually fast or not it - and I suspect it was - it certainly lined her up for what came after far better than what most of the skiers managed.

James

Out There
Instructor
Swiss Miss can have her time post Killington.

The first year in Killington, the announcer there actually called her “The Swiss Miss” as he was babbling at high speed.

7BEE1B82-2074-487E-B70F-206D2AFB0494.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Paula's second run was fabulous (until it wasn't)!
Yeah, that was really disappointing... did they show exactly what happened? I don't think she straddled, and I don't recall a good replay showing what happened.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A GOOD kind of ”nuts.”
The Finns I know (from the coastal areas) are mostly of Swedish heritage, maybe its Inherited?

They are Finns alright, but speak Swedish. A lot of people don’t know that Swedish is an official language in Finland, and correctly, spoken along coastal regions with Wasa being the epicentre for speaking Swedish. And they are a little less nuts than the forrest Finns ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor