• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Solid! And Shiffrin edged out Gut-Behrami
Shiffrin juiced the turn where LGB had her big mistake. Shiffrin’s speed killer was lower on the course where she got a little back & opened her parachute. Without those mistakes I think one of them would’ve been on the podium. Without Stuhec maybe both of them.
3 US racers in the top 15! When is the last time that happened?

James

Out There
Instructor
Top 10 were within 0.85 secs of winner.

-

9506C258-35FC-49EB-BFD5-0241C6AB0350.jpeg

Stuhec
Goggia
Shiffrin

4ster

Instructor
^l like that podium!

GOGGIA
SHIFFRIN
LGB

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This may be somewhat off topic in the WC thread, but since there have been a few posts here about Lara Colturi, on Friday she won the Super G at the World Junior Championships at the age of 16. Was 4th in DH the day before.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
She (Lara) took silver today in GS, Hanna Aronsson Elfman won. Her second JR GS Gold. I’m just waiting for her to get some good GS runs in on the WC and get into top 30 there.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
anyone else having issues accessing today's (21st) race on ski and snowboard live? I see a condensed version that requires a higher subscription, but not the normal playback.

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor
anyone else having issues accessing today's (21st) race on ski and snowboard live? I see a condensed version that requires a higher subscription, but not the normal playback.
Just watched the replay on ski and snowboard live. No issues except for the shortened course & maybe a little headwind/tailwind now & then ;).
Great to see Stuhec keeping it interesting!
4 US athletes in the points!
C994C44C-F865-4665-B9C8-3FE7F79B7647.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, tight field, 0.64 for the top 10.
Picked Stuhec for the win!
Curtoni continues to podium.

Tmrw:

Shiffrin
Brignone
LGB

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Didn't get a chance to see the race yet. Noticed that Shiffrin's sector times were very fast in the first half and then very slow in the second. Anyone know what happened?

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting tidbit from Steve Porino about Gisin's struggles this season. I thought it was because of difficulty getting adjusted to her new Salomon setup but apparently she injured a toe and had to get a bigger boot, in which she has less control. This affects her speed events less because she can use into a slightly tighter boot for those.

4ster

Instructor
Didn't get a chance to see the race yet. Noticed that Shiffrin's sector times were very fast in the first half and then very slow in the second. Anyone know what happened?
Big mistake in the final gliding section just killed all her speed & with no chance to get it back. Seemed more like a mental lapse than anything else where she just didn’t maintain her line. Very uncharacteristic for her but I only watched it once.
This doesn’t really show the mistake but does show her disappointment …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online