• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
7E4E9224-4515-4566-B591-E0A02A50BFE3.jpeg

Shiffrin
Holdener
Vlhova

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Shiffrin
ASL
Duerr
I was gonna wait till you posted & ditto yours but I’m thinking Duerr may have spent herself in the team event…
…or was she just warming up…
…or am I thinking too much

:popcorn:

James

Out There
Instructor
I was gonna wait till you posted & ditto yours but I’m thinking Duerr may have spent herself in the team event…
…or was she just warming up…
…or am I thinking too much

:popcorn:
Been burned by Duerr too much recently!

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A few weeks ago — must have been not long after she broke her hand, which is still heavily bandaged — an Italian YouTuber spent a whole day with Sofia Goggia. (I thought the guy would drive me crazy but he grew on me.)

Go to CC for English subtitles.
Thank you for posting this, very cool. My favorite part was when she was showing him what to do in a starting gate and he started getting set up and asked her if he was doing it right and she said, pretending to be very serious, no no no you first you have to click your poles together, like this, and then proceeded to demonstrate start gate pole clicking.

James

Out There
Instructor
Thank you for posting this, very cool. My favorite part was when she was showing him what to do in a starting gate and he started getting set up and asked her if he was doing it right and she said, pretending to be very serious, no no no you first you have to click your poles together, like this, and then proceeded to demonstrate start gate pole clicking.
That was cute. She actually gives out a fair amount. Fast talker.
She’s pretty funny.
“Can you deal with all the variables like snow and weather?”
- Of course. It’s not like I can stop for one cloud.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
She also comes across as calmer than she does at the end of a race, when she’s high on adrenaline and showboating — which I love, by the way, because it’s good to have some charismatic racers who rev up the crowds.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
She also comes across as calmer than she does at the end of a race, when she’s high on adrenaline and showboating — which I love, by the way, because it’s good to have some charismatic racers who rev up the crowds.
That’s a good observation. I was definitely overreacting to her celebration after clinching the globe. Mi dispiace molto.
She is very cerebral on The Next Turn and super vivacious in this you tube - wonderful in both and on Instagram.
I forgot the rush from downhill must be on another level and she must have been just so excited and full of adrenaline.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Supper happy for the winner indeed. She didn't look very happy throughout the season.

Reactions: JCF

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think Petra had high expectations and then MS just blew everyone away from the start and that must have been discouraging (and to me explains that little weak moment she had at the airport)
The one I really feel for is Katharina Liensberger. But I have a feeling she is not the type to feel sorry for herself.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
The Goggia video linked above is definitely worth watching.

I loved how she made a brief off-hand remark about how her technician has to prep 60 pairs of skis for her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor