• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WOMEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And it’s a wrap!
Historic season where MS is back where she was a few seasons ago — ahead.
Kilde interviewing MS kind of dorky … who came up with that idea?
Kind of average for Swedish ASL and Hector, good but Hector was ill in Christmas time and never really found the great GS she showed in early season. Hanna Aronsson Elfman the WC official rising star. 17-year old Cornelia Öhlund will chase in her trails, one to watch coming seasons.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And it’s a wrap!
Kind of average for Swedish ASL and Hector, good but Hector was ill in Christmas time and never really found the great GS she showed in early season. Hanna Aronsson Elfman the WC official rising star. 17-year old Cornelia Öhlund will chase in her trails, one to watch coming seasons.

Dunno about the other girls you mentioned but the potential of Hanna is off the charts. I am not an expert but even to me this girl is something special.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Dunno about the other girls you mentioned but the potential of Hanna is off the charts. I am not an expert but even to me this girl is something special.
ASL #5 in SL, ok considering a kind of comeback season (first season with undisturbed pre season in a while, illness, injury).

Hector #6 in GS (#9 in SL), little disappointing considering that she was a globe contender and olympic gold medalist in GS. SL good.

Cornelia focus on EC where she is on the podium and wins (SL #3). Did her first couple of WC starts this season (bib 50ish) and a 22 in Levi and 10th in Åre. 17 y/o. She need a couple of summers to build enough strength but if she’s cont. on her trajectory we’ll have fun.

Last edited:
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
And it’s a wrap!
Yea, “ahead” is one (understated) way to put it.

TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
I think Petra had high expectations and then MS just blew everyone away from the start and that must have been discouraging (and to me explains that little weak moment she had at the airport)
The one I really feel for is Katharina Liensberger. But I have a feeling she is not the type to feel sorry for herself.
What was the moment at the airport?

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
9EDC67B5-324F-439E-A55C-62A40D4136CC.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
E188D41A-F67D-43AE-BC27-E6EEA34A10A6.jpeg

Another podium for Valerie Grenier, and a first for St. Jernesund, who was in tears after Bassino finished, and she was guaranteed a podium spot.

Did the Canadian women do better than the Austrian women?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Always sad to see the WC end because it usually marks the beginning of the end of the ski regular season :(.
Congratulations to all the racers & supporters for some great entertainment along with the SkiTalk posters!
88783F94-1564-4932-9CC9-0A6CC5B50532.jpeg

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
What was the moment at the airport?

FWIW, after her last win she allowed a bunch of morons to drag her into the mud (figuratively speaking)
There's a clip in this or the MS thread that someone posted. Sorry I brought it up. She had a pretty darn good season and I look forward to seeing her charging again next season.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
FWIW, after her last win she allowed a bunch of morons to drag her into the mud (figuratively speaking)
There's a clip in this or the MS thread that someone posted. Sorry I brought it up. She had a pretty darn good season and I look forward to seeing her charging again next season.

The video was a problem and it was a strong indication that Petra's support was "bad news". That garbage can seriously undermine performance in a sport like skiing - confidence is a fine line at this level.

My heart goes out to her. She needs to get away from these people.

Reactions: JCF

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks Again to all the knowledgable ski racer people who post here. Valuable, accurate and intellgent posts which give us some special insight into the World Cup. Only saw/read one really inaccurate post all year. don't remember name of poster but it was regarding the supposition that MS should switch to Speed if she wanted to keep advancing her ski racing career. Yep we can all see how that suggestion worked out.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
don't remember name of poster but it was regarding the supposition that MS should switch to Speed if she wanted to keep advancing her ski racing career.
I don’t know if it was me but if it was I never meant that she was washed up in tech. I think it became obvious that her focus was probably GS this year & her results reflect that. She would probably excel in anything she puts her focus to.

Whoops, I did it again in the Shiffrin thread ;)
Most career GS wins, most career WC podiums!
what’s next? Maybe a SG or DH globe!!

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's difficult as hell to ski everything. More than often, it does grind athletes down. MS seems to have come to terms with her back issues, don't have any inside info, but you can't perform like that in GS if something is very wrong with your back. And according to what was said in previous seasons, when it did not go so well, was that she suffered from serious back problems. Don't know if it was just something said to have an excuse for bad performances, or if it was for real. It was communicated though and my impression was it was for real. Tech and especially GS is the worst of all on your back. Most athletes have "memories" from their years on the WC, some have very beat up bodies. Speed a little gentler on the body, unless you crash badly. So, if your back starts to give up, speed is not as bad.

Last edited:
TS
Moose32

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Looked for that thread. Would like to see it if anyone has the post number or link.
My search also exposed the limitations of the "search" function of this web platform.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The video was a problem and it was a strong indication that Petra's support was "bad news". That garbage can seriously undermine performance in a sport like skiing - confidence is a fine line at this level.

My heart goes out to her. She needs to get away from these people.
It was her, their leader, at the heart of it - not "those people." Spontaneous. Her real approach - for now.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
It was her, their leader, at the heart of it - not "those people." Spontaneous. Her real approach - for now.
How do you know that ? I did not get that impression from what I saw. Though she certainly did go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online