• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WRX Hatchback Return?!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Details are sparse, but there may be hope for another skier's WRX?!

Such a vehicle is no longer in my plans, but........it would be hard to say no!

Reactions: Ogg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Details are sparse, but there may be hope for another skier's WRX?!

Such a vehicle is no longer in my plans, but........it would be hard to say no!
I doubt I'd ever buy one either at this point but nice to see a proper WRX coming back on the US market. It's insane what the hatchbacks go for used these days.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Well if they will be platform sharing like the BRZ, then Subie will also have a hatch version. My current WRX hatch is only 11 years old (130k) so as long as they get one out there by say '23 or '24 I should be good!

They sell every one (WRX/STI) they bring over here so that doesn't motivate them to bring a hatch too. But for me, the hatch platform is WAY more desirable and not because of skis. We'll see what happens.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have 2008 Impreza Sport, nonWRX. Fun carl, no matter how many deer I hit. :)

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
A proper WRX is a 2-door coupe version of the Impreza 4-door sedan. That's what the original WRC Impreza was.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No purist here. Regardless of what a "proper" WRX is, a hatch is the minimum level of practicality I'm interested in.

Of course, I'd LOVE the Levorg wagon, but I know better than to dream that big! :roflmao:

spoofer

Putting on skis
Skier
I have owned 2 Subarus, and they both had some issues after 70k or so. Went back to Toy products. The Subaru's were great in snow and fun to drive. The Impreza went through wheel bearings like no tomorrow and developed an oil leak. The Forerster wasn't much better.