• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Xmas songs - favorites and covers

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Our church choir did this every year and I like it a lot - if you can find a version that doesn't sound like a dirge.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My favorite will always be Carol of the Bells, the classic version. Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling have interesting modern versions but they just don't get me like the classic.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
My favorite will always be Carol of the Bells, the classic version. Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling have interesting modern versions but they just don't get me like the classic.

Carol of the Bells was not written by John Williams. That Youtube version you posted was arranged by him, but it was written by Mykola Leontovych from Ukraine in 1914, English lyrics were written by Peter J. Wilhousky in 1936. Not sure what is the "classic" version. I suppose it depends on your own vantage point.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Present Face.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier

and the cover of it

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Carol of the Bells was not written by John Williams. That Youtube version you posted was arranged by him, but it was written by Mykola Leontovych from Ukraine in 1914, English lyrics were written by Peter J. Wilhousky in 1936. Not sure what is the "classic" version. I suppose it depends on your own vantage point.
If you look at the full description of the video it details who it was written by and who wrote the English lyrics. My point is classic was that I prefer the versions that aren't modernized like the others I mentioned. Here's another version that is more in the classic lines I think of and love.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Another version

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online