• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yamaha Bikes??

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I mowed lawns all summer to buy one of these in 1974... Rode it to the ground, broke the frame multiple times. Buddy's dad was a pipefitter and master welder so he fixed our bikes as fast as we broke them. Ya, off topic but I do have a "Yamaha Bike" in my shed. Snagged this about 6 years ago for nostalgia..

Most OG Downhill bike there is right here..
Moto Bike.jpg

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I mowed lawns all summer to buy one of these in 1974... Rode it to the ground, broke the frame multiple times. Buddy's dad was a pipefitter and master welder so he fixed our bikes as fast as we broke them. Ya, off topic but I do have a "Yamaha Bike" in my shed. Snagged this about 6 years ago for nostalgia..

View attachment 202539
Similar to how mountain biking was born. Guys like Joe Breeze, Gary Fisher were thrashing old Schwinns down Mt Tamalpais. They kept breaking them and learned to weld out of necessity. Eventually Breeze welded up 10 frames from scratch. And it was all downhill from there . . .

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Last edited:

DesmoDog

Getting off the lift
Skier
OK moto folks. Yamaha, Ducati, Ohlins crossovers we know about.

Tell me about Galfer?

I've used their lines before, on a couple bikes. Nice stuff with a great support - I needed a new line modified for a custom application and they did it dirt cheap.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier

View attachment 202539
Damn you, I had that same bike in 75. It was so cool but like a dumbass i was(is), I left it outside to rust in about 77. Damn, I wish I would have kept it in pristine condition

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing against Yamaha, but if I'm buying a motorcycle branded e-bike...

View attachment 202552

Ducati lover reporting in, but sadly that thing is fugly. Goiter-like, add-on batteries are gone but not forgotten.

OK moto folks. Yamaha, Ducati, Ohlins crossovers we know about.

Tell me about Galfer?

Galfer -- great brake parts. Total trust.

MTX makes brake pads that I prefer over Shimano and SRAM. Kinda halfway between resin and metallic, so good power, no noise, and no stupid, rattly, Shimano cooling fins....

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Damn you, I had that same bike in 75. It was so cool but like a dumbass i was(is), I left it outside to rust in about 77. Damn, I wish I would have kept it in pristine condition
Oh that's not the one I had in 74. I rode that in to the ground literally. This one's one I found someone selling fully restored. And, it was way less than they typically go for in any condition..

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh that's not the one I had in 74. I rode that in to the ground literally. This one's one I found someone selling fully restored. And, it was way less than they typically go for in any condition..
It's a beauty

Sponsor

Staff online