• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yeti SB 150

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So the guy I am buying my SB 150 from asked that I give him something for collateral while I go on my test ride tomorrow before we seal the deal - seems he has had a previous bike stolen that way so I totally get where he is coming from. My response was I will be leaving at least one of my kids in the car right next to you do they count as collateral :roflmao:
I think most people would say, if you leave kids, you have to leave Extra damage deposit for the house!

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So just picked up the bike and it is in better condition than I thought as the scratches and paint chips are much smaller than they appeared in the pictures. Bike rides great and does not even need a tune but ..... noticed that there was sealant leaking from every single spoke and while the tires are holding air, I am pretty sure the rims were not taped properly, so dropped it off at my LBS so they can redo the the tubeless setup for me. Aside from that the bike is awesome :)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
..... noticed that there was sealant leaking from every single spoke and while the tires are holding air, I am pretty sure the rims were not taped properly, so dropped it off at my LBS so they can redo the the tubeless setup for me.

Good move. Even though most (all?) current sealants no longer use ammonia, the stuff still cannot be considered a friend to aluminum spoke nipples.

Ages ago, I had a rim leaking through the tape. The leak was so small I never saw a bit of sealant, but it was enough that the "old" Stans ate up several of the nipples. Had to re-nipple the whole thing. Luckily, this happened right BEFORE a trip to Moab!

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Good move. Even though most (all?) current sealants no longer use ammonia, the stuff still cannot be considered a friend to aluminum spoke nipples.

Ages ago, I had a rim leaking through the tape. The leak was so small I never saw a bit of sealant, but it was enough that the "old" Stans ate up several of the nipples. Had to re-nipple the whole thing. Luckily, this happened right BEFORE a trip to Moab!
I am lucky that the bike is less than a year old, and the tires look brand new. My hunch is that the previous owner did a diy tubeless setup and either poorly taped or possibly did not take the rims because they are marketed as Tubless compatible. Either way something went wrong as every single nipple leaked sealant at some point

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I am lucky that the bike is less than a year old, and the tires look brand new. My hunch is that the previous owner did a diy tubeless setup and either poorly taped or possibly did not take the rims because they are marketed as Tubless compatible. Either way something went wrong as every single nipple leaked sealant at some point

:useless:

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Pics will come when I get the bike back from the shop, in the meantime we will have to rely on the experience and creativity of those on this thread to visualize :)

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Just got my new (well new to me) Yeti SB-150 back from my LBS and thought I would post some pictures
yeti 1.jpg

yeti 2.jpg

Had the shop add a bash guard and also upgraded to the 2021 the cable housing and ports that eliminates cable rub
Yeti3.jpg

We also fixed the tubeless setup as there was evidence of sealant leaking through the spokes
yeti wheel.jpg

Aside from that the bike was pretty much in perfect condition aside from a couple small scratches and paint chips. Have some Yeti touch paint on order to fix those.

After all this time and effort it is now dumping rain in the low lying areas and puking snow in the mountains. I have the official sign off from my Dr. (had shoulder surgery in September) to start contact sports next weekend which means lots of skiing so really testing out this bike will likely have to wait till April/May when ski season wraps up :)

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Is your front tire on backwards?
I don’t think so, it was just re-installed tubeless at a shop that specializes in Yeti. That said I personally would not know the difference so here is a better picture
image.jpg

Please let me know. As an FYI the rear tire is mounted the same way

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
That's the "correct" way..keep in mind, you can swap directions and see how that works for you. As Erik suspects..most v-shaped tread fronts I've seen are opposite to that. I wouldn't change it at this point..see if it works for you. If it sucks, try it backwards and see if it's better.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
That's the "correct" way..keep in mind, you can swap directions and see how that works for you. As Erik suspects..most v-shaped tread fronts I've seen are opposite to that. I wouldn't change it at this point..see if it works for you. If it sucks, try it backwards and see if it's better.
Thanks Scott, I will definitely play around with the setup and see what works best. I am a novice to intermediate rider at best, but really enjoy hitting the trails and looking forward to uping my game.

Sponsor

Staff online