• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can always find me....

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hate cooking steak in a pan because it's.. Smelly. However, you can get proper heat and flavour that way. I need to do this in the back yard....
I grill a lot too of course but at least it smells better than pan fried fish. I just open a window sometimes.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
I hate cooking steak in a pan because it's.. Smelly. However, you can get proper heat and flavour that way. I need to do this in the back yard....
I guess my stove fan is good enough, I do not have an issue. But I have cast iron griddle I put on my gas grill out side. I got a big one and a small one, this is a small one, cooking duck here. I'll take the small griddle camping as well, and put it over the fire pit grill..

IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Duck season in north Texas and OK is Saturday November 12th. Re-camoing my boat, it’s fun, and also hard to mess up camo. :roflmao:

6a90b5a4-95e0-4a85-b35d-91692e69891d-jpeg.182151

Got lots of wood for the camp fire I have collected around the neighborhood people just throwing away pruning trees…

8C958FF5-B2E2-4FF3-8BE5-1A0B0779E031.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A90B5A4-95E0-4A85-B35D-91692E69891D.jpeg
    6A90B5A4-95E0-4A85-B35D-91692E69891D.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 138
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Decoy floated off, no problem with Tara. Pro trainers will tell you not to teach your dog to retreated decoys. I agree when they are young, but when they get older, and only on the “decoy” command, it is very helpful, and of course the dog looks loves it.

She knows the drill, she naturally looks past the decoys, I watch her head, make sure she is locked on the right target before I send her. I don’t even have to point her.

Last edited:
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Awesome morning, shot a limit, 3 greenhead, pintail, green winged teal, and a gadwall. Tara was the best girl, she fetched 2 ducks I thought no way she finds them and she did.

EEE4B49B-5A7E-4F44-8191-1CE260A0AADA.jpeg

5B127A20-CDF3-4094-B522-562802544DE3.jpeg

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
My motor went out on me yesterday coming back from duck hunting, it will not go into gear, I know what the issue is. But it’s ok, I got back up. This is big reason I keep my trolling motor on all year round, and pack 4 batteries! So I could not duck hunt this morning, but I could go crappie fishing. Never fished this lake before, found several brush piles, 3 keepers and that’s a meal.

D2FE0614-D34E-4393-B663-E8FE7B297AFF.jpeg

Last edited:
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
These mud motors are constant work, was hoping it was gonna be an easy fix, but looks like I need a whole new clutch. It’s all part of the fun tho.

756B1566-463A-4E45-A80E-CDA06BBA958C.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
  • Haha
Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
The magnet is crack, I could probably just replace it, but bits and pieces of it crunch around in there, so probably better to just replace the whole clutch. Just hope I can get parts in ASAP to hunt this weekend, but probably will not happen.
C14757B1-060D-45B0-A95D-A93C17D86F66.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The magnet is crack, I could probably just replace it, but bits and pieces of it crunch around in there, so probably better to just replace the whole clutch. Just hope I can get parts in ASAP to hunt this weekend, but probably will not happen.
View attachment 183770
Oars. Always have a backup!

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
15 years ago today I shot this banded mallard thanksgiving morning. I remember my wife giving me an earful for hunting that morning. I did a walk-in hunt, a lake really close to the house, just hunted for few hours, had my smoker going at home, it was the only bird I shot that morning, and just made my day, my first band. I sure miss that girl, RIP Molly 2015.

37DC095D-8834-4BD2-8CA7-5318ECBD3144.jpeg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
15 years ago today I shot this banded mallard thanksgiving morning. I remember my wife giving me an earful for hunting that morning. I did a walk-in hunt, a lake really close to the house, just hunted for few hours, had my smoker going at home, it was the only bird I shot that morning, and just made my day, my first band. I sure miss that girl, RIP Molly 2015.

View attachment 183953
Your hunts are more about being with your dog than shooting and cooking the birds. Am I right?

Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Your hunts are more about being with your dog than shooting and cooking the birds. Am I right?
For sure the biggest part of it is the dog, at my age and where I am in life, the dog makes me get out there all the time, and she makes it fun.

My girl Molly, she was not good with dove hunting... She started out good her first season with dove (Sep-Oct), then duck season started (Nov) and she did great there as well, but the next season dove hunting she did not transition from duck hunting (where dog can be more aggressive on the bird holding it) back to dove hunting (where dog needs to be gentle on the bird) very well. We talked a lot on the other small game hunting thread about dogs getting dove pin feathers stuck in their mouth, that happends when dog is too aggressive on the bird, and not holding it gently. Well those dove pin feather made Molly mad at dove, she would not just pick them up, but she would ponce on them, and bite holes in them... then she ate one, after that there was no fixing her.. As a result, I stopped taking her dove hunting, and I myself stopped dove hunting. I would dove hunt for the opener (Sep 1), and after that trip I would be done with dove hunting for the season, just not that fun without a dog.

Tara made dove hunting fun again, I never thought I would like dove hunting so much. Tara will hold them dove so gently, but after Molly, I worked hard on training Tara on the "soft" hold, it is not natural form them, they have to be taught this, and you have to constantly stay on them on how to hold correctly, because what is natural for them is to chomp on the bird, and squeeze it, I mean those dove are so soft and irresistible...

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
The greenheads were pouring in this morning..5 is limit, Tara looking for more. Got her a new vest for Christmas. She wore the other one out.

B40FA227-F7AF-40BF-949D-62EC9266220B.jpeg

Sponsor